Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bunnies in the Garden

You have to look closely. Do you see them? Bunnies! There are two in the picture below, but there are four total. As we picked the garden tonight, something small, fast, furry, and gray ran so close to my feet that it almost ran across my feet! I almost screamed. I was not expecting visitors in our garden. As soon as I realized that the furry friends scurrying around my feet were tiny baby bunnies, I called for the kids to come and see. They came super fast and were super excited! The two bunnies that darted near my feet were the only ones we saw at first. Then, underneath the tomato plants, we spotted two more bunnies! Those are the two pictured below.
They were so very small and so fast, too!



You can see Mackenzie's hand coming in from the picture's left to pet the bunny. Josiah was able to pet one, too.


Josiah peering intently into the garden. Baby bunny is in the picture, too.



Josiah's hand reaching to pet a bunny.


This one was trying to escape up the rock wall area behind the garden. 3 of the 4 hid underneath the rocks and small Christmas shaped tree. 1 hid underneath another bush near the swing set. We were careful not to scare them away as we hope the momma will come back to raise them in our garden! :) We even think we found their burrow in the garden under some straw where our squash used to grow. How fun?! We even delayed bedtime to enjoy the bunnies. ;)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

How very "Peter Rabbit" it all is...Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, and Peter! That last picture especially reminds me of the story. Good thing you're not Mr. MacGregor...sounds like you are much nicer hosts! What fun!