Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mackenzie's Discovery

Josiah fell asleep in the floor this afternoon after a full day at the zoo with his daddy and sister. (I enjoyed some undivided time to complete Mackenzie's first year photo book; Yeah, I know, she'll be five in a month and a half...so it's high time I finish that book!) So, Josiah was sleeping all curled up in a little ball. Mackenzie walked over to him and sat down. She then began to gently scratch his back for him.
All of a sudden she exclaimed, "Mom! Josiah has sugar snap peas inside his back!" I laughed and then began explaining to her that it's really not sugar snap peas, but it's his spinal column...you know, vertebrae, spinal cord, etc. :) Pretty funny, the things those kids discover!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

That is so sweet that she was scratching Josiah's back. Too cute that she thought he had sugar snap peas in his back. I find myself feeling those "sugar snap peas" in Lauren's back a lot!

Holly Aytes said...

I love it when they are so tired that they just pass out where ever they are :) That is sweet that she was scratching his back.

Sara said...

You'll be so glad you recorded this sweet moment! Don't you just love when siblings are sweet to each other!

Cindy said...

That is great all-around!

Hannah said...

My mom has yet to finish my 1st year scrapbook. You are way ahead of the curve, my friend. :)

I'm impressed that she knows what sugar snap peas are.