Monday, April 12, 2010

Our Yard

Our yard is looking better by the day! We are enjoying the gradual process of planting things in various and asundery locations. This post might bore you if you're not family. Just warning you! (Actually, even random readers might enjoy the froggy pictures at the end of the post!) Josiah, while playing with me in the yard today, asked for me to get the camera out and take a picture! Needless to say, I RAN for the camera. You have to be fast or you might miss that photo opportunity with him. :) I was delighted that he sat still long enough for me to snap some new pics of him. So, above is a picture of my cute little boy who is growing up too fast!!!
Here's a couple of pictures of our garden boxes. These are the same ones we used last year. We just added a little more compost/topsoil to top them off this year.

David has added some nice stepping stones in between them, and I planted cucumber seeds, tomato plants, yellow squash seeds in the box on the right. On the left, I planted okra seeds, green bean seeds, and a couple of pepper plants. It feels good to have the planting done! Now for the watering and watching it grow....(the kids were great little helpers in planting, too!)

If you look closely, you'll notice a new Autumn Princess Encore Azalea in the corner of the fence, just beyond the swing set.

And, in the corner by the gate, we have another one just like it! The two new azalea's add some much needed color to the yard.

Here's an up close of the blooming azalea.

Here's my crepe myrtle from my Grannie New's yard. It is still in winter-mode but will be pretty before too long! I took this picture because I have a surprise from my Grannie's yard...the heart shaped leafy plant with tiny purple flowers that sprang up at the base of the crepe myrtle!

Here's an up close pic of the surprise plant.

Last fall, David and the kids planted tulip bulbs on one side of our house. What fun for all of us to see them growing this Spring! (Also, notice the lights David added along side of our house. They are a nice addition to the yard. He put some across the front of the house, too.)

I love the pretty purple tulips! I was pleased with how this picture turned out, if I do say so myself! The fact that we have a Creator God seems so obvious in the Spring, doesn't it?!


Here's Josiah checking the mail box. Notice the daffodils we planted beside the mailbox. That crepe myrtle will look better this summer. :)

And...this afternoon the kids found a frog! Josiah named it "toad." He wanted to keep it, but we talked him into setting it free. ;)

Up close of Josiah and his new friend, "Toad."

Mackenzie enjoyed holding "toad," too, but he jumped right out of her hands. She was happy to let Josiah hold him after that! :)
We are enjoying the wonderful weather these days. I hope you are, too!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, April, your yard looks wonderful!! You all have really worked hard at planting things. I love crepe myrtles. We had two really pretty ones at our old house. I will miss those this summer. Love the tulips also.
Looks like you guys are really enjoying this beautiful spring weather.
Glad you had a fun weekend with your Mom. We missed you.

Kim said...

I loved catching up on your blog! Beautiful pics, beautiful family!