Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekend Getaway!

David had a nuc med conference out of town this weekend, so while he was in one city, the kids and I headed to another! We totally enjoyed a weekend getaway with my mom. We stayed Friday and Saturday night in a hotel and thoroughly enjoy our time together. (Though we missed David and Mark!) We spent Saturday morning at the zoo. I think the kids favorite part of the zoo was the playground. It is huge and nice! Josiah's precious little face was very determined as he climbed!
Mackenzie was so proud of how tall she has become. She can jump up and reach things that she could not reach just six months ago.

Josiah was brave as he climbed on the ropes. Last time he was a bit afraid of the ropes...but not this time! Watch him go! (I was too slow in getting over there to get a picture of Mackenzie climbing the ropes. She was already to the top!)

If you look closely at the above picture, you might get a glimpse of Josiah in his bright orange shirt. Yeah, he's the little dot climbing high in the ropes! I think this picture gives you a pretty good idea of the elaborate nature of this playground.

Here's Mackenzie climbing/crawling across the green ropes. Both kids loved climbing and exploring the playground.

Josiah, Nona (my momma), and Mackenzie watching the African elephants.

A trainer had it pick up a huge log while we were watching.

And, of course, the giraffes. Aren't they elegant?!

Josiah, Nona, and Mackenzie.

I had trouble deciding which one of these two I liked the best, so I uploaded them both! This picture is in front of the giraffes, though you can't see them because I was zoomed in on my mom and the kiddos! :)

Then, on Saturday afternoon, we swam! The kids swam 3 different times over the weekend. While they swam with Nona on Saturday, I got to go shopping all by myself! Thanks, Momma!

As you can see, the kids LOVE the water.

I have enjoyed seeing how much improvement they have both made in their abilities to swim over the past few months. We hope to get some more lessons this summer. For now, the extra time in the pool was great practice for them! I am thankful for a fun and safe weekend. I am thankful for the time with my momma! :)

2 comments:

Sara said...

A change of scenery is always so refreshing! Jim and I had a getaway this weekend (but without kids). It was great. Glad you enjoyed your time with your mom and kids! When are you coming this way next...miss you!

April said...

Oh, Sara, I miss you, too! We plan to come sometime this summer, but we don't even know which month yet. I'll keep ya posted as our plans come together.