Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lessons Complete

Today was the last day of swimming lessons. The kids both got promoted up two levels! Josiah was in Preschool Level 2. Instead of going to Preschool Level 3 next time, they suggest moving him to Level 1. Mackenzie was in Level 1 and they suggest Level 3 for her next time. I am so proud of all they have accomplished! I am thankful for their teachers who were all wonderful. Josiah's class had the opportunity to jump off the diving board, into the 15 ft deep water, for the first time today. He was so excited!! The above picture is of him in mid-air.
Here he is "swimming" to the side (with the help of his teacher, of course!) after jumping off the diving board.

He loved it! Here he is jumping again. He was so brave! I am so proud.


This picture (above) was taken yesterday as he jumped from the side of the pool. At the end of the lesson each day, the kids lined up and jumped in from the edge.

This was also yesterday...Mackenzie learned to dive! Anna, her teacher, was great! Mackenzie was an eager learner. I'm so proud of her!

A cuddly little boy waiting for his sister's class to end. :)
I am so thankful that my children have had the opportunity to learn how to swim.
I have attempted to upload videos for the first time. Sadly, an error has occurred during the upload. I was able to capture one of Mackenzie's dives from yesterday, and each of the kids jumping off the diving board today. Perhaps it will upload tomorrow!


Ha, ha. I just hit publish post and the video is now working! Go figure. I'm a happy camper, though. I think you can click on the play arrow button and watch all four videos. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

We are excited about starting back next week. All 3 of mine had Anna last year and just loved her! They all are hoping to get her next week...who knows Caleb or Madison might. Sadly, Taylor will not as Anna knew she wouldn't be teaching Level 6.

Cindy said...

Wow!!! How exciting those videos were!! I loved the one of Josiah running and jumping off the board. I really hope my girls do well and learn a lot next week. Looks like you guys had a very successful year of lessons. Hopefully we can get to the pool at Court South together soon.

Hannah said...

That's great! Looks like they take after their mom. :) I always hated jumping off the side of the pool at the end of the lesson.