Thursday, September 23, 2010

Josiah

My Little Soccer Player
My little man loves to play soccer. I could not figure out which of the above two pics I liked the best (same pic but different effects), so I am posting them both! :)

Josiah, standing at attention and listening to the coaches' directions.


Josiah (in the black on the left) kicking the ball toward his goal.

He scored!!! He's directly behind the kids in yellow on the left. If you look closely, you'll see Josiah's brown hair and profile sticking out in front of the kid in yellow's head! The ball that is in the goal is in the one he had just kicked! Way to go, Josiah!

Here's another great big kick!

This came home from school today. Josiah knows all the vowels as well as their short and long vowel sounds. I am so proud of how much he is learning! That said, this particular paper just cracks me up. I love his teacher's sense of humor, too. :)

I zoomed in on the paper so you can see it better. Notice the "e" is perfectly upside down?! What a hoot. He is a very good writer and is doing a fantastic job of learning how to write all the letters in the alphabet. I was afraid if I did not take a picture of this one, I won't have too many other opportunities. He sits with me and practices his letters even on days when he's not in school. He does this by choice, mind you. He asks me to help him learn how to write. Tonight, after school, he sat down with a paper and a marker and asked how to spell "Bolt." Then, he came back and wanted to know how to spell "is my name." He did a great job of writing all those words. He hung his sign, that he made all by himself, on the laundry basket. It is his cage! He is Bolt, the dog from the movie we rented recently. I love seeing my kids learning to read and write.
Well, that's all my updates for now. Have a lovely day.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Way to go Josiah!! Not many kids get to score a field goal!! I know are quite the proud Momma. He looks so handsome in is soccer uniform.