Monday, May 23, 2011

Mackenzie's Tooth-Pictures

Last night I posted the video of Bill pulling Mackenzie's first tooth. Today I am posting the pictures. Below is the tooth that Bill pulled in my hand right after he got it out. Mackenzie opens her mouth to show off the gap!

Bill did a great job of taking these pictures for us!


Notice how far back the permanent tooth is in her mouth? That would be why her baby tooth was not getting any looser.


Mackenzie holding pressure to stop the bleeding. (And, smiling with delight and pride!)


I do hope the other ones come in under the baby teeth and push them out in the process. Otherwise, we might need Bill's assistance again in the future. ;)


Holding the paper towel in her mouth for pressure.


When we got home last night, Mackenzie wrote a letter to the tooth fairy. She found the little pillow I made for her over a year ago. She placed the tooth in the pocket of the pillow, on top of the letter, under her pillow.


Here she is in her room holding up the letter and pillow for the picture.


I zoomed in so you can read her letter.


Proudly pointing to the gap in her mouth.


Holding up her tooth and smiling to show the gap left in her mouth. I love this picture! What a milestone.


Her dainty hands placing the tooth into the pocket of the pillow.


Now she's ready for a visit from the tooth fairy! As I tucked her into bed at 9:00 pm last night, she excitedly began to tell me all about the tooth fairy. She told me what the tooth fairy did for her friends. She wondered aloud what the tooth fairy would do for her. She was overflowing with excitement. I wasn't sure if she would be able to sleep! She did eventually fall asleep. I also had NO idea just how much the tooth fairy does for that first tooth these days! Who knew?! Not me. What a surprise. David and Uncle Zac made a trip to Wal-Mart after the kids went to sleep last night. ;)


Sure enough, just like Mackenzie said, the tooth fairy DID leave sparkles on the bedroom floor! And big shiny stars, too.


In the middle of the decoration was a letter from the tooth fairy for Mackenzie, along with the keepsake box that Mackenzie has had since birth. It was a gift at a baby shower before she was born. She has always dreamed of placing her first lost tooth in that special box. Turns out that the tooth fairy even did that part for her, too!


Here's the letter from the tooth fairy. Mackenzie woke me up at 1:22 am to tell me that the tooth fairy had already come to her room. She was bubbling over with excitement. She said she found a dollar bill and a quarter in the pocket of the pillow, but her tooth was gone. I suggested we go to her room to check it out. So, at 1:25 am, she and I went to her room to investigate. We found the sparkles on the floor, the shiny stars, the letter, and even the box with her tooth in it! And, with the closet light turned on so that we could see, we noticed that the tooth fairy actually left a $5.00 bill and a Fifty Cent piece as a keepsake! (Rather that a dollar and a quarter like Mackenzie first thought in the dark.)

We had one very happy little girl at our house this morning. She showed her brother and her Uncle Zac, too. Her daddy got up in the middle of the night to go admire it with her, too. Today, I'm confident that she is enjoying showing all of her friends at school! Fun times. Huge milestone. Congratulations to my little princess.

Josiah cracked me up today, too. He is already wondering if he'll get sparkles on his floor or maybe even his bed when he loses his first tooth!

You'll have to watch the video from yesterday's post to see the tooth actually being pulled. Perhaps tomorrow I will get Josiah's birthday post done! Hard to believe he will be five years old tomorrow.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Great story! And I love the sparkles and stars on the floor! That is really cool. :)

Cindy said...

And I meant to tell you, that my mom made me a tooth pillow when I was a girl, too. AND it was gingham...orange & white I think, with a white pocket. Sweet of you to make one for Mackenzie. I'll have to see if I can find mine to pass on to my little girl. I didn't give it to the boys because it's got white ruffly lace on it, too! ;)