Sunday, May 22, 2011

Video of Mackenzie's Tooth!







It finally happened! After being loose since early March, Mackenzie lost her first tooth. The permanent tooth came in behind the baby tooth, so the baby tooth was loose but not getting any looser. It was definitely time for the baby tooth to be out, but try though I might, I was unable to pull it! After seeing the video of our good friend, Bill, pulling his daughter's tooth, I made a plan. ;)




At our Bible study group tonight, I asked Bill if he would mind pulling Mackenzie's tooth. I asked Mackenzie if she wanted Bill to pull her tooth. Next thing we knew, Bill had Mackenzie's tooth out on the second quick attempt! Mackenzie was SO incredibly proud. I am so thankful to have it out. David is thankful to have it out, too. He says he doesn't "do teeth."




Mackenzie is delighted. She has enjoyed showing everyone her tooth, the gap in her mouth, and retelling the story of Mr. Bill pulling her tooth. The funniest part of her telling the story is when she mentions that Mr. Bill saved us a lot of money because now we don't have to go pay the dentist to have it pulled. LOL. I guess she heard us talking about that, but I never expected it to be a part of her telling the story. So funny.





I have to say, too, that Mackenzie was incredibly brave. She has wanted to attain the "status" that goes along with losing a tooth for several months now. How cool that she can now show off her new gap tomorrow at school, just before the end of first grade! She has only 2 days of school left for this year. Nice timing to get to show her teacher and her friends. Had this event happened in early March when we first discovered the tooth to be loose, I would have cried as it is such a huge milestone. My baby girl is growing up! However, after almost 3 months of being loose and not coming out even though we tried to pull it, I am truly thrilled right along with Mackenzie!



Thanks to Bill and Cindy allowing us to use their camera at their house tonight, we have the above video! I so appreciate their willingness to be a part of Mackenzie's huge milestone! How fun that we were able share the big event with so many good friends. Uncle Zac is here visiting, too, so that is special, as well.




Cindy loaned us the book, Silverlicious. It is a cute book and perfect for tonight! We read it together, Mackenzie and I. Then, as I tucked her into bed, she excitedly told all about the tooth fairy's upcoming visit to our house tonight. Needless to say, we are all excited!




I have some really good pictures of Mackenzie at Bill and Cindy's house right after the tooth was pulled, and I have some cute ones of Mackenzie preparing her pillow and letter for the tooth fairy. I hope to get those uploaded and posted tomorrow. For tonight, I am tired. The video will have to suffice! Enjoy. :)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I LOVE it!!!!! Mackenzie's sweet expression when she saw the tooth in the Kleenex was absolutely PRICELESS!!! Bill and I cracked up at his expressions while pulling the tooth and smiled at Mackenzie's excitement! I'm so glad he was able to get the tooth out.
Glad you enjoyed Silverlicious(wish we had had it when Lauren's teeth came out). We have really enjoyed that series of books.
I hope Mackenzie has a wonderful day smiling at her teacher and all her friends at school.:)