Thursday, July 24, 2008

My David

David and I went on a long overdue date tonight. He had a Nuclear Medicine Technology dinner meeting/graduation for this year's Nuc Med students. Lacey came to play with the kids, and I went with David to watch this year's group of students "graduate" over dinner. It was fun and a free meal to boot!

My favorite part: watching my husband receive the "Outstanding Clinical Instructor for 2008" award! He had no idea he had been chosen for this honor until they called his name to go forward tonight. He received a framed certificate and a nice gift card, too! The award is voted on by the graduating class and is open to ANY Nuc Med Tech, RN, Pharmacist, or Medical Doctor that has been influential in the students experience over the past year. It is not limited to one hospital, and the students are at 9 different clinical sites during the year. Needless to say, I am proud of my husband.

For those of you who know him, he would NEVER tell anyone about this award or honor. He may be embarrassed when he sees this post, but I'm using this as an opportunity to brag on my husband. He is a humble man. He is a gentle, loving, wonderful man. He is very good at meeting a person on their level and teaching them, be it a student or a patient at the hospital. He does not make others feel inferior in any way.

Typically my posts are about my kids, their activities, and their accomplishments. Not this one. This one is all about My Precious David.

David, sorry if I've embarrassed you! Know that I love you! :)

12 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

That was very sweet April. Congrats to David on such an outstanding reward and glad you got some "alone" time (that was neat you got to witness him getting that award).

Kim said...

That is definitely something to be proud of! What an honor. You are so sweet to delight in David's accomplishments. I think you guys are such a wonderful family. Tell David congratulations from all of us!

Ginger said...

Wow! What an honor! Congrats, David. That is very impressive. Knowing your personality, I am not surprised in the least!

Sara said...

I know you are so proud of David. What a wonderful accomplishment!

Cindy said...

What a great honor for David (and you!) That's fantastic. I'm not surprised that he would receive such an honor, though. He's a great guy, April!

Sara said...

Congratulations to David! I'm glad you were able to be there for that honor.

Shannon said...

Go David, go David, it's your birthday (insert crazy dance move here!). Make sure you tell him congrats from me. I know that you are proud! :)

TexasNeals said...

david is such a great guy!!! how great to tell everyone how proud you are of him! he is a lucky man. ya'll are just perfect for each other.....such a wonderufl couple! :)

James E. Miller said...

Nice work, David! Like others have said, the honor doesn't surprise me one bit. I am certain it was well earned.

It was fun hanging out with you guys this weekend!

Amanda said...

Wow! That's quite an honor! You're sweet to acknowledge that to all of us because he never would! He is so meek and humble. You make a wonderful couple and family!

Alicia said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!!

Nicole said...

What a great night! Here's to free dates and awesome awards!