Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oh, Mr. Clean!

We have a budding artist in our house. Actually, we have two of them. One named Mackenzie who is quite talented and uses only appropriate mediums. The other artists name is Josiah. He is another story altogether! Here is some of his artwork. Note the lovely purple color he chose. It is my favorite, you see. Just NOT on our white doors!!! Oh, Josiah! What will I do with you?!
Mr. Clean to the rescue! Oh, Mr. Clean, I love you! Your magic erasers work wonders on "erasing" my two year old's NON washable crayola artwork. The door is now as good as new. We are ever indebted to you, Mr. Clean. :)
My hands, however, are raw. Along with the crayola, you removed a layer of skin! No problem. A little lotion goes a long ways. Next time I will wear gloves. :)

Now for the carpet...I'm not even sure you can tell in this picture, but the carpet was another canvas chosen by my precious Josiah child. His medium was again purple crayon. I have scrubbed it with some kind of carpet cleaner. After it dries I suppose I will know whether or not that cleaner worked! Wish us luck. Ha.

My words of wisdom for the day: Don't leave your two year old unattended, even for a period of less than 5 minutes, with crayons in reach!

8 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Oh April, I too have learned that the hard way! Caleb used to be really bad about writing on anything. He wasn't picky about his canvas :) I always keep Mr. Clean on hand. Caleb once decorated the inside of our van (both ceiling and the arm rests/storage bins in the back seats with crayon! Mr. Clean got it right out though, gotta love that muscular, bald man!!!

Kelli said...

i have recently had to put the crayons out of Rachel's reach when i can't watch her due to this exact problem! what got me was that she always knew to use the darkest crayons (purple, brown, black) on the light carpet. i thank goodness for washable crayons! (i got to your blog from daisha's) :)

Sara said...

Oh Josiah!!! What a stinker! Hope the carpet comes clean.

Ginger said...

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are my best friend. I have gone through many boxes recently as I have cleaned our house getting ready to move.

TexasNeals said...

ahhh, yes! i have learned that lesson too! sorry ;)

Erika said...

I hope your carpet is nice and clean by now! I always use Resolve carpet granules for our carpet woes, however, crayon hasn't been on that list just yet! I'm sure it will be in time.

Kim said...

Oh April,these pics are great! How hilarious.
Thanks for sharing-and the warning!
Kim

Cindy said...

I think we've all been there. Will used ball point pen on flat wall paint...Mr. Clean couldn't get that one off! No word on Sam's choice yet. (Fingers officially crossed.)

I've had good luck with Spot Shot carpet cleaner (the aerosol kind, not the trigger spray) on lots of other carpet messes.