Monday, June 1, 2009

Our Getaway!

David and I took our first overnight trip, just the two of us, since we became parents...over 4 years and 9 months ago!!! We have taken several wonderful trips WITH the kids in the past almost 5 years, but never one by ourselves since they were born. This trip was FANTASTIC! We were both ready for this getaway, as were the kids. Now that Josiah is 3 years old and Mackenzie is 4 3/4 years, we knew they would be just fine without us for a little while. They totally loved one-on-one time with Nona and Mzee, and we did not worry at all about our kiddos. We knew they were in good hands.
Here's a view from the balcony of our room in Pigeon Forge. My favorite part of the view is the man standing there... ;) You'll notice Mt. Leconte in the background, too. It really is nice to live in easy driving distance of the Mountains.

Here's the river view from our balcony. We stayed at The Music Road Hotel. Very nice place! Our room was great, and we really enjoyed the lazy river, water slide, and pool areas, too. I highly recommend this hotel if you're ever in that area! We loved our 24 hour getaway. Thanks, Mom and Mark, for taking the utmost care of our children while allowing us some time away.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Yay! So glad you had a good time. The view is beautiful!

Daisha said...

I can't believe you waited so long to get away just the 2 of you!

JR and I get away as often as we can. But I guess one of the reasons for that is how short of a time we had pre-kids. :)

Glad you had a good time.
Daisha

Cindy said...

Wow...looks like a beautiful place to stay. Did you just pick the place randomly or did someone suggest it? Glad you got to get away for a day. Hope you got to sleep in! I love the pictures of Josiah's 3rd birthday in your last post. Looks like he had a great time with his friends.
Is Mackenzie ready for dance class in the morning? Lauren is looking forward to going. I think one of her friends from school signed up for the class also. See you bright and early in the morning.

April said...

Cindy, we found the hotel in an internet search I ran. Turned out to be GREAT! Yes, Mackenzie is excited about tomorrow. It will be a big day, for sure. Hope you had a wonderful beach vacation! See ya tomorrow!

Allison said...

What a treat!! Looks like a fun place...I'll have to keep it in mind when Drew and I are needing a little us time:)

Cindy said...

I'm really glad you two got to get away...you still sound like a newlywed describing David as your favorite part of that picture!!! That's great!

Kim said...

That looks incredible! I am so happy for you and David getting to get away! I know you guys had a much deserved great time together! Yay for grandparents!