Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Week

Halloween week began with David and the kids carving pumpkins! Mackenzie and Josiah drew faces on the pumpkins and pulled the gooey stuff out, while David carved them! Above is Mackenzie showing off her messy hand. She enjoyed pulling the seeds out and separating them for us to cook.
Josiah spent most of his time drawing faces on the pumpkins.

Both kids were very focused!

If you look closely, you can see the face Mackenzie drew on her pumpkin. It has a square nose, triangular eyes, and a smiley mouth...just like the jack-o-lantern in the story of the Pumpkin Parable! I forgot to get pictures after the carving was finished, but suffice to say that David did a great job!

He loved getting to use the Sharpie, and he does a great job holding a marker correctly. He drew smiley faces on all the pumpkins!

On Wednesday night we attended the Trunk or Treat at church. The kids loved all the activities. Here's Mackenzie with her Candy Corn person!

Allison, Mackenzie, and Lauren...almost on their way out the door to Trunk or Treat after Bible class on Wednesday night. Josiah was already outside!

Here's all four kids: Josiah, Allison, Mackenzie, and Lauren. They enjoyed trunk or treating together after church. (Josiah had wanted to be iron man, then decided he just wanted to be a little boy! I dressed him in his flannel shirt and overalls...as a "little boy" or a little farmer boy!Mackenzie stuck with her idea of being a lady bug all the way through this year.)

Josiah searched his bucket after every stop, looking for a Reese's peanut butter cup. Once he found one, he held onto it and announced that he was finished and ready to go home! He had certainly been a man on a mission.

I loved this picture of both kids peering into their buckets!

Seriously, he spent half the time peering into that bucket! I love the above picture of David holding Josiah's bucket for him and laughing while Josiah searched for that Reese's cup.
Now...fast forward to Thursday morning at Josiah's "school." (MDO) They had a hayride! And, since it was one of my two days this month to work, David was able to take the day off work and be present for Josiah.

The above picture is of Josiah, laughing with his friend Kenley. We hear a lot about her! They are definitely buddies. Sitting to the right of Josiah is Kameron. We a lot about him, too! Josiah really enjoys the other kids in his class at school. There are 8 of them total.

Here's all 8 kids, from left to right: Lexi, Brady, Mrs. Missi, Kenley, David, Josiah, Kameron, Kameron's Mom, Zachary, Brooke, Ava, and Ava's Mom. :)
An adorable class picture in the "pumpkin patch," right outside the school! One child announced that is was neat that God made pumpkins grow right at their school for them to pick! Ha. Mrs. Tina helped those pumpkins "grow" in the grass. ;)

Here's Josiah picking out his pumpkin.

Oh, yeah. I forgot to tell you that it was pajama day that Thursday, too! :)
Here's the kids enjoying some yummy snacks, including the Thanksgiving Turkey Treats that Josiah helped me make for his friends.

I love this picture of my two boys playing together at the train table during/after the party! :)
Then on Saturday night...a very rainy Saturday night...we enjoyed getting to trick or treat in our neighborhood with our friends, the Meases.
Here's Allison, Mackenzie, Lauren, and Josiah, in front of our house ready to begin!

I love how this picture shows all the kids with their umbrellas. Josiah, Mackenzie, Lauren, and Allison, on their way up to the first house to trick or treat.

Josiah and Mackenzie walking from house to house on Halloween night.

An adorable picture of Cindy with both girl's Dora umbrellas! This picture seems to capture our evening! :)

A tired, wet, crew enjoying their loot.

Josiah with a Reese's cup, soaking wet, after trick or treating.

Mackenzie enjoying an Almond Joy.

My two kids with their buckets after trick or treating.

My little ladybug, checking out her loot!
We had a wonderful Halloween week, but it surely was a busy one! By the way, congratulations if you made it to the end of this extremely long post! I did not make time during the week to update the blog, or this one post would not be so crazy long! Sorry!!! That catches us up for now. Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween, too.


5 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

I believe everyone I know had an extremely busy week! It was just crazy trying to get everything done that needed to be done. I blogged about Halloween, I still haven't blogged all of our Disney trip either so I should have some long posts too! I love the picture of Cindy with both Dora umbrellas :) Glad y'all had a good week!

Cindy said...

Wow! So many great pictures, I don't know what to comment on first. Love the picture of Josiah's class in their jammies on the hay bales, and the one of David with the other Mom's and kids! Sorry you couldn't go!:(
We had so much fun trick-or-treating with you guys. I don't think we would have lasted nearly that long in the rain if we hadn't been with you all. I'm so thankful for the sweet friendships of our kids (and us too). What a blessing.

Cindy said...

I love the story about Josiah and the Reese's cup...that's so funny!

And I love the picture of all four trick-or-treaters with their umbrellas! We, too, got wet out there, but it was fun anyway.

I felt the same way about my long Halloween week post. I enjoyed reading yours. By the way, I noticed you changed the name of your blog. Just curious about why!

April said...

Cindy, T. I changed the name of our blog just thinking of safety, mainly. I decided to remove last names as much as possible. No particular reason other than caution. That said, you can laugh as you read our blog address...HA...it has our last name in it...so much for removing our last name for privacy/safety! He, he.

Sara said...

Okay, first off, I miss trick or treating with y'all!!! Such good memories of watching the kids dress up.

Second...LOVE that Josiah wanted to just be a little boy. That cracks me up. And as I was looking at your pictures, I kept thinking what in the world is Josiah wearing to school!! Glad you clarified that he was in his pajamas!!

Mackenzie is an adorable ladybug!! She just looks so big!! Can't wait to see you guys!!