Saturday, November 14, 2009

Kindergarten Turkeys! (Update)

Update: My friend, Tracy, who also has a daughter in Mackenzie's class, took this picture of the two of us during the craft time. I am so excited about how it turned out! So, even though I posted this several days ago, I'm updating it to include the above picture of Mackenzie and me!
Yesterday I was blessed to be able to attend (and plan and coordinate) a Fun Friday Craft time for Mackenzie's Kindergarten Class! I had another Mom plan and prepare the pine cone turkeys, and I was responsible for the handprint turkeys. I love the above picture of Mackenzie at her desk with her two crafts!
Here is part of Mackenzie's class, all listening intently to the instructions being provided for the pine cone turkeys made from pine cones, pipe cleaner, pompoms, and googly eyes. Very cute!

Here's a better overview of the class with their crafts in front of them. They are some sweet kids, and some busy kids!!! I think they all enjoyed our craft time. I know I sure did!


Here's the children, very focused on the instructions being given and the craft in front of them. Mackenzie's in the bright blue shirt watching the demonstration about how to fold the pipe cleaners.

The handprint turkeys were made using washable paints in brown, green, yellow, orange, and red. The palm and hand are brown. Each finger is a different color. Then you draw a gobbler on the turkey and feet on the turkey, too. Then glue a googly eye on the thumb/head. Using tacky glue, attach 1x1 in squares of felt in fall colors to the plate perimeter. You're finished! Oh yeah, don't forget to have the kids write their names and date on the back of the plate before you start. Makes a great keepsake! David typed the poem in a rainbow pattern for the kids to attach to the top of the plate, just under the felt squares. The poem is:

This isn't just a turkey, as anyone can see.

I made it with my hand, which is a part of me.

It comes with lots of love, especially to say,

I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Disclaimer: I did not create any of these ideas. I found them via a google search for turkey crafts. I did not write the poem, we simply found in on the Internet!!!

These are easy enough to do and lots of fun, too!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Adorable picture of Mackenzie at her desk! Looks like the crafts were a big hit...what fun!