Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Our Week in Pictures

We have had a week full of activities, so to catch up I'm beginning with the most recent pictures first, and ending with the ones from this past Saturday night. I finally got a good picture of both kids in front of our tree. Too bad they're just in pajamas instead of their Christmas outfits! That's alright, though. I'm just happy to have the picture!
This picture is going to be our Christmas card for this year. I was pretty excited about how it turned out for a random moment of photo op with the tripod and timer! The kids cooperated so well because by doing so they were delaying their bedtime. ;) Though our outfits are not coordinated, we're at least all smiling and looking at the camera! He, he.

The kids totally enjoyed the camera on the tripod. Our two photographers, one age 3 1/2 and the other 5, did a terrific job of taking a picture of David and me together!

I think Josiah took this one! I thought it was pretty cute of Mackenzie with me.

Mackenzie took this one of Josiah and me, together with his new toy robot, too! It's name is Robee, in case you were wondering. :)

We gave in to the begging and let each child open one present early. Josiah opened his new robot, which he named Robee. It really walks and its arms move and everything! He has not turned loose of it yet. It slept near him, played Mario Kart with him, and even went to school with him today! He is one proud little boy.

Mackenzie opened her new backpack. Bless her heart, she needed a new one. She had been asking for a new one for months now, and I made sure that was the one she opened early so that she can use it these last few days of school before Christmas break begins. Her criteria for a backpack: purple or pink, strap in front to hold backpack on better, and mesh pocket for her water. I found this one on Land's End and it seems perfect for her. :)

Josiah fell asleep in the van as we picked Mackenzie up from school yesterday. When he finally woke up, he simply climbed into David's arms and promptly fell back asleep! What I love about this picture is the multi-tasking that David is doing: holding Josiah and cooking, too! Don't worry, I took Josiah to free David's hands up...after I got the picture!

Yesterday, I was blessed to be able to go to lunch with Mackenzie and then watch as her class dressed up to be the nativity, if you will. Thanks to Cindy M. for keeping Josiah so that I could be there for Mackenzie. Mackenzie is an angel standing in the back row, second child from the right. Cute kids!

My little angel, just about to get out of her costume as I snapped this picture!

Last Saturday night we hosted our H2H Bible Study group's Christmas Party. This is a picture off of Matt and Holly's camera--thanks, guys--of most of our group. We were missing a family or two, but surely made a great group picture with the 12 adults and 12 children present! We had a traditional Christmas meal and it was fun to enjoy each other's yummy dishes. The gift exchange was fun, and the kids enjoyed a craft and story time, too.
How's that for catching up?! :)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Great family picture in front of the tree! I also like the one with Mackenzie and her wet curls and Josiah with his cute haircut!
I'm glad I could keep Josiah so you could be with Mackenzie at school. We'll see you again tomorrow afternoon!

Jared & Karen said...

What a guy... taking care of the kids while cooking! haha! I like the family pics, too.