Monday, March 22, 2010

Church Easter Egg Hunt & Unnailing

We enjoyed an Easter Egg Hunt at our church yesterday. The kids were SO excited, and we all had a great time. The above picture is the best one I got of the two kids together.
Mackenzie holding up the green egg she found in the grass.

Josiah hunted eggs so fast that all my pictures are just blurs of him! So, here's one of him in his favorite climbing tree just outside the building.


Mackenzie proudly showing me her pink egg. (Isn't her dress adorable?! Granna got it for her, and it came with a matching dress for Bitty Baby, too! Thanks, Betty!)

Josiah enjoyed pilfering through his loot. :)
Last night, as I tucked Josiah into bed, he asked me, "Mom, can Dad unnail?" I told him that Dad can unnail. (I'm thinking he means to remove nails, like with the backside of the hammer.) Josiah did not miss a beat in saying, "Then I want Dad to unnail your side of the bed so you can move it in here and sleep with me!" Funny boy. I laughed out loud at his logic, as I have explained to him before that I sleep in the same bed with Daddy, not with him. Guess he figured if Daddy could "unnail" my side of the bed, we could just move it into Josiah's room! Ha. Sorry Kiddo. I love to cuddle with you as I tuck you into bed, but I'm not about to give up my current bed buddy. ;)
Seems like the kids have said some funny things lately, but that's the only one I am thinking of right now. SO...maybe there will be more funny stories coming later...if I remember the others! If not, at least I got one more recorded. :)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I like what you did to your pictures...great way to deal with a cloudy day! I completely forgot to bring my camera yesterday...not that I would've remembered to take pictures even if I had! Ha ha!

April said...

Cindy, I have a cute picture of Sam that I will email to you. I didn't manage to get Will in any of the pictures I took. He must have been hanging out in a different area?! Anyways, I will work on the one of Sam and get it to you. :) Thanks for all the coordinating you did for the egg hunt. GREAT JOB!

Cindy said...

I love Josiah's face in that last picture! Too cute! Mackenzie looks adorable in her little dress. It was so nice seeing David's parents while they were in. I enjoy chatting with them when I get the opportunity. Who would have ever thought after all these years of being out of college, I would get to visit with a former professor from HU!

Shellie Salza said...

I've cracked up all week thinking about Josiah's 'unnailing' question to you. It amazes me how those little wheels turn. You just never know where any one question is about to lead!

Love you and your kiddos! Wish we were closer, I think we'd have a hoot together!