Friday, June 18, 2010

Uncle Zac's Visit!

We are enjoying having Uncle Zac (David's brother) here to visit for a few days. Yesterday we all played at Splash Country, went to a Summer Spectacular (VBS), and stayed up really late playing the guitar! As you can see in the above picture, both kids got their guitars out to play with Uncle Zac!
We all really enjoyed listening to Zac play and sing. He's really good!

Here's Mackenzie and Josiah playing along with Uncle Zac! It is amazing how kids love to imitate the adults in their lives that they love so dearly! Thank you for coming to see us, Zac!

This is a belated post, but I have to give a shout out to David and the kids...what an amazing cake they made and decorated for me! I am a truly blessed wife and momma.

Here's an up close pic of the cake they made. David baked the cake and put the chocolate icing on it. Then, each child picked an icing color. David helped Josiah with the blue icing, and Mackenzie did the pink decoration all by herself! She wrote "Happy Birthday Mom" without any help! Pretty impressive. I even find it hard to write on a cake...and she's only 5 3/4 years old! Thank you, David, for all that you and the kids did to make and decorate a cake for me.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Love the picture with the kids and their guitars with their uncle! Looks like they were having a blast! I love seeing my girls with my brother. He gives my girls his undivided attention when he is around. Looks like Zac does the same thing with your kids. I think that's very special.

Cindy said...

Will and I are very impressed with your birthday cake! They did a great job...I have a hard time writing on cakes with frosting, too. Not an easy task! So you're finally the big 3-0, huh? Congratulations!

TexasNeals said...

happy birthday! what a special cake! :) is mackenzie a lefty? you garden looks GREAT!!!! fun and yum!