Monday, August 23, 2010

It's Josiah's Turn Now!

The day has finally arrived when Josiah got to play soccer! He has longed for this day ever since Mackenzie gave soccer a try about a year ago. He was so excited that he got himself dressed and ready. That's impressive. I can count on one hand the total number of times the child has ever dressed himself. He really has no such desires typically, but this day was different. It was special. It was his turn! Sitting on the stairs attempting to get the soccer socks on! He did a great job of getting dressed.
...and the socks got on, too....with a little help from Daddy! :)

My little soccer player! What a cutie. :)

All decked out in his soccer attire, ready to play!

He's number 9. That's random.

He intends to be #1. He, he. He has been telling us all about how we're going to be so excited because he's going to kick the ball into the goal. Well, whether he scores or not, I'm a proud Momma! :)

The above picture is of the whole team. Josiah is on the far left. The main coach is in the bright orange shirt in the middle.

Zoomed in on Josiah and some teammates. Josiah was listening intently to the directions the coach was giving him. He did a great job of playing by the rules! Most of the kids really struggled to keep their hands off the ball. Josiah never once touched it with his hands at an inappropriate time. He really listened and followed the rules quite well!

My little man.

Sister on the side lines. After the practice and game were finished tonight, as the team ran through the tunnel made by the hands and arms of the parents, Josiah stopped when he got to Mackenzie (she was part of the tunnel), gave her a hug, and continued onward through the tunnel of arms. The other parents oohed and aahed. I loved it! It was sweet.


Smiling for the camera while taking a water break!

Nice kick, Josiah! :) He's a fast little guy. He did a good job keeping up with the ball and whomever else was chasing it, too.

I love the profiles of both my boys. ;) It was fun watching David out there with Josiah's team. I am proud of how well Josiah did, and I am glad that he is finally getting his turn, too.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

That's great! Josiah seems like a soccer player to me, for some reason. Sam is dying to play this fall, too, but I didn't realize it has started already. Who is Josiah playing for? I'm looking into FC Alliance for Sam, and with any luck, Will too.

April said...

Josiah's with AYSO. I really don't know much about the other options, but I bet David could give you some insight! He did all the research and signing up, etc. I just show up at the right time and place for the practice/games. He, he. Hope you get your boys involved, too. :)

Kim said...

What a cute little soccer star!!