Thursday, August 19, 2010

Josiah's First Day

Today was Josiah's first day in the 4 year old Mother's Day Out program. He will go on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He's in the same program he was in last year, except this year he's in the 4 year old class and last year he was in the 3 year old class! He loves school, and I am so thankful that Mrs. Missi set such a wonderful tone for his educational career last year. I am pleased to announce that he has a wonderful teacher for this year, too! Her name is Mrs. Wendi. The above picture is of Josiah on his way to school today. He keeps us laughing, as I'm sure you can tell from the picture. ;)
He insisted on wearing his backpack in from the van. We got him a new backpack, but it sure is huge on his little self! I think he's pretty cute with it on.

Here he is, my handsome little man, ready to go inside. He saw the other children stopping to take a picture here, and he asked me, "Is that how we sign in on our first day?" To which I replied an adamant, "Yes," in order to have his full cooperation for the picture!!!


I love this picture of my little man walking into his classroom. He was so excited!

He found his cubby and hung his backpack up all by himself! He was a proud little fellow. I think he had been waiting for his first day back to school eagerly since Mackenzie started back already, too. He was ready for his time in the spot light! He was also ready for his routine.

Josiah with Mrs. Wendi. He had trouble keeping his eyes open as I snapped the picture. He said the flash was too bright...so his eyes are partially open in the pic! The first thing he asked Mrs. Wendi today was, "Do we get to play outside today?" He was already looking forward to recess! Good news, he did get to play outside. He even told me that he got to play with sidewalk chalk. He said he has a new friend named Logan, and he has 3 friends from last year's class in with him this year, too. His class has 7 kids total right now. I like that...he'll get lots of one-on-one time!!! He had a great day, and I am so thankful. I love my little man, and I am so proud of him.
I pray for a wonderfully blessed school year for him. I pray that he will grow to love the Lord with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength each and every day.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

How exciting! I love back to school time even thought no one in my family is starting back right now. The kids look so precious! Their teachers are lucky to have kids in their classes with a mom like you! You're so encouraging! Pray they have a great year, too!

Cindy said...

What great pictures of Josiah as he starts back to school. How wonderful that he only has 7 kids in his class. Those backpacks just swallow up those little fellows. I always hated putting a big backpack on Lauren when she was little. Today her backpack was stuffed with all the school supplies. I had to take some of them out just so she could carry it by herself.
Hope your sweet children enjoy a spectacular school year.

Cindy said...

That picture of Josiah by the school sign is just perfect. The best one ever! You got some great shots. And a class of 7...what a dream!

I just bawled my eyes out after reading Cindy's post of Lauren's first day of kindergarten, realizing I was so busy crying when I dropped Sam off for his that I didn't take any pictures! I'm so mad at myself!! So be glad you remembered and got some good ones of both of your kiddos!

Sara said...

Glad Josiah had a good first day of school! He looks very comfortable and happy at school!