Monday, August 16, 2010

My Mackenzie

I cannot believe my baby girl will be 6 years old next week. I cannot believe she is starting first grade tomorrow morning! Where, oh where, has the time gone?! I am so proud of her. She is a classic firstborn with the perfectionistic tendencies that go with it. She is very independent, but she still loves her cuddle time. I treasure those moments when she still lets me carry her around, or sit and hold her while we visit or read together. I do not want her to outgrow cuddle time! Today, we went for her well child check up. She weighs 46.5 lbs (60%) and is 46.1 inches tall (70%). Her hematocrit and hemoglobin were 12.1 and 36.6...all within normal limits. She had a wonderful check up, and I am incredibly thankful for the health that the Lord has blessed us with these days.
Here's a story about mealtimes that occurred tonight, during mealtime.
As we were sitting around the dinner table tonight, Mackenzie asked, "Which is more special, lunch or supper?" To which, David and I answered that either one could be special. Sometimes one is more special one day or the other another day. We decided it was most special to us to all be together during the meal, no matter which one it may be...Then Mackenzie piped up, "Mom, I think lunch is the most special because of you. Actually, you make them all special." I asked what she meant, and she elaborated, "Well, Mom, everything you make is wonderful. It is like eating at a restaurant all the time, so it is because of you that lunch and supper are so special." WOW! I am humbled to know that my cooking (which is NOT gourmet...ha, ha...) means so much to Mackenzie. Just makes me want to cook up a storm! ;)
If you're wondering what we were eating during this conversation, it was chicken cooked in the crock pot, fresh cantaloupe, and baby carrots cooked in butter sauce. Um, that's it. Nothing big. Nothing fancy. Made my day to be so appreciated by Mackenzie! :)
A couple other funny things that Mackenzie says that I want recorded so I won't forget:
Pliano instead of Piano
Knight in Shining Army (referring to Josiah) instead of Knight in Shining Armor
And she's already outgrown saying Awkensaw instead of Arkansas.
Mackenzie, as you begin another year of your life, and another grade in school, I pray for God's continued blessings and guidance in your life. I pray that He will always hold you close to Him. I pray that you will serve Him with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind each day of your life. And when you mess up, I pray that you will turn to Him, know that He forgives you, and live each day to the best of your abilities. Always remember we serve a God without limits. He is truly awesome, and He will take care of you! Thank you for being my precious baby girl. You will always be my precious baby girl, no matter how old you get. I will love you, always and forever.

No comments: