Friday, November 19, 2010

Deer & Hayrides

As Josiah and I drove from our house (in a neighborhood) to school yesterday, this is what we saw crossing the road! 3 Beautiful deer!
We paused long enough to take some pictures from the van.

They really blend in with the bushes in the above pictures.


Then they heard another car coming and all 3 ran! What a fun and unexpected surprise on our way to Josiah's hayride.

In the above picture, I waiting with the kids for their turn on the hayride. From left to right: Josiah, Logan, Ava, Me, Callie. Callie kept calling me, "Friend." It was hilarious. She kept saying, "Friend, will you sit with me?" Josiah was quite happy just to hang out with his friends and know that I was there. He's a confident kid. I am thankful that I was able to be there with him and his friends.

Above is Josiah's 4 year old Mother's Day Out class. Left to right: Lexi, Logan, Josiah, Callie, Mrs.Wendi, Brooke, and Ava. That's really his whole class! Only 6 of them. I love that as each child gets so much wonderful attention.

Zoomed in on the group.

Here's Josiah's class with those of us Momma's who were able to attend. In the back, from left to right: Logan's Mom, Lexi's Mom, Me, Mrs. Wendi (teacher), and Brooke's Mom.

Lexi's family provided the hayride experience for the kids. Allison, Lexi's Mom, drove us all around the school parking lot! :)

Lexi, Logan, and Josiah enjoying the hayride.

Logan and Josiah on the hayride with the school in the background.Incidentally, Mackenzie's classroom is in the building you see pictured in the background! I am thankful that both kids are near each other in proximity during the days when they are at school. I am thankful for a good school environment. Such a blessing!

The kids each made a fall leaf picture frame craft before the hayride. I had fun helping Mrs. Wendi with the craft. Since I had a camera, she asked me to snap individual pictures of each child. We then had the pictures printed while the kids were in school that day and by the time they went home, they were toting a frame with a picture of themselves in it! Cute idea. I had fun taking the pictures, though I'm certainly not professional. Above is Josiah's individual that is in his frame.

Here's another group pic of the whole class: Mrs. Wendi, Lexi, Ava, Brooke, Callie, Logan, and Josiah.

Mrs.Wendi, (back row) Lexi, Ava, Brooke, (front row) Logan, Callie, Josiah.

Cute kids. Fun group. Fun times!

3 comments:

XXXX said...

Looks like they had a great time!

Sara said...

I love the picture by the red tree--what a gorgeous color and some cute looking kiddos too! You guys coming this way for any of the holidays???

Cindy said...

Were any of those deer Santa's helpers? How cool to enjoy seeing that coming out of your neighborhood. I love where we live! East Tennessee is the best, in my humble opinion. The picture of Josiah in front of the tree is great. I can't believe he has only 6 kids in his class. What a wonderful blessing to enjoy so much individual attention with that student/teacher ratio.