Monday, November 1, 2010

Turkeys and School Parties

I am so thankful that I was able to swap out my one predictable day of work for a different day in order to be able to attend Josiah's Fall Party at school last Thursday. Since I was making the Oreo Turkey's for Josiah's 4 year old class, I decided to make enough for Mackenzie's class, too. They were not having a party that day, but Mrs. Hatmaker was excited to have the treats anyhow. So, the first picture is of the Oreo Turkeys that I took for Josiah's class. This second picture is of the whole flock of turkeys that I took for the 21 kids in Mackenzie's class! I was glad her teacher said it would be okay for me to bring them, as it is kind of a tradition for us. Mackenzie was pleased, too.
Here's an up close of the turkeys. We got the idea a few years ago from a Family Fun issue. Mackenzie was actually pictured in the magazine mail section with them one year!

The next set of pictures are of Josiah's class party.

Above is Callie, Logan, and Josiah. By the way, fall party day was also pajama day!

Logan and Josiah.

Josiah's whole Tues/Thurs MDO class. From left to right: Mrs. Wendi, Ava, Logan, Josiah (my little turkey), Brooke, Callie, and Lexi.

Another picture of the entire class together.

Josiah

Mrs. Wendi picked up my camera while I was handing out the Oreo Turkeys. I like this picture of Josiah, me, and the turkeys. :)

This one's my favorite!

Another mom made the spider cupcakes. Aren't they adorable?! Josiah enjoyed his plate full of treats.

This is Callie's mom, who made the spider cupcakes, reading a book to the kids.

Mackenzie's class had a day full of fun crafts, like decorating pumpkins, on Friday. They were allowed to dress up like farmers, hillbillies, Indians, cowboys, or cowgirls on Friday. It's kind of a story telling festival. Big day of fun, though it wasn't a day where parents were invited to attend. So, I took Mackenzie to school as usual. Poor kid. I was not creative enough to dress her up that day. When I dropped her off in her uniform, I quickly realized the whole class was dressed up! One little boy asked her, "Mackenzie, did you not want to dress up?" I was in the hallway and could not hear her response, but I felt horrible. She HAD wanted to dress up. I did not have anything on hand at home to use to dress her up, so I sent her on in uniform. Well, without Mackenzie knowing it, Josiah and I rerouted our morning plans. We headed straight to Target. I had no idea if I would find anything, but figured it was worth a try. Guess what?! Target had several choices of girly flannel plaid shirts! Perfect. I quickly made a selection and we headed straight back to school. I pulled Mackenzie out of class for a few minutes. She was confused about why I was there in the morning. When she spotted the shirt and jeans that I had found, she was delighted! Once "properly" dressed, she returned to class and enjoyed her day. She really had a good attitude about having been one of two kids not dressed up. I was pleased with her "it's okay"attitude, especially since I knew that she did, indeed, want to dress up! She says she was a hillbilly in her flannel plaid shirt! I love it.

I stuffed Friday Folders each Friday afternoon this month for her class, so I snapped the above picture of the class as I picked her up at the end of the day on Friday. What a fun week for both kids! And for me, too. ;)
Now I'm just 3 posts behind to have October complete!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I love Josiah's turkey pjs. They are adorable. They went perfectly with the cute turkey treats. Don't you love spending time in your kids' classrooms?!

XXXX said...

Looks like they had a great time!

Cindy said...

I love those turkey pj's, too! So cute! And that picture of you and Josiah together is great...you look so slim! :)

And kudos to you for surprising Mackenzie with a hillbilly shirt...that made her week, no doubt! What a great mom!

Sara said...

You are looking slim, April! Are you working out? Enjoyed catching up on your news and older blogs.