Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Work & Play

Today was a day when I needed to spend a little bit of time at work, and since the kids are on fall break, they came with me! I am so incredibly blessed to have joined a wonderful team of over 300 nurses in this area this past July. Then, in September, I received a phone call. Suffice to say that I said yes and am now a part of the case management team with the same company! What an unexpected blessing. While I was there today, I was included in the Christmas Card photo.
Each year, the management team sends out a Christmas card to all our patients in this area.

I was excited to get to be a part of that this year. Not everyone was able to be there. There are about 20 case managers and a handful of office staff. We are obviously not all in the above pictures, but it is a fun group!
After we were done in the office, the kids and I pulled through Sonic and headed to a wonderful park.

Mackenzie stopped long enough to pose for a picture.

Josiah did, too.

I love this one of the kids at the top of the huge slide.

Mackenzie at the bottom of the huge slide.

Josiah at the top of the same huge slide. This gives you a little perspective about just how huge this slide is. It is certainly the biggest slide I've seen in quite some time. We all enjoyed our time together today. The kids enjoyed seeing where I work, as well as our time at the park. I had fun showing them off to everyone.
On a funny note...Josiah kept singing today. He has been singing, "Jingle bells," a lot lately. After our trip to the park, we headed to Kmart. All through the store he sang, "There's smart, and then there's Kmart smart! Mom, you're Kmart smart!" Then he'd sing Jingle Bells for a while and begin the process over again. Suffice to say that he brought smiles and laughter to a lot of strangers today. While at Kmart, we found very nice Zhu Zhu pet costumes on clearance for $4.99 each. Josiah excitedly began to pull down his pants to reveal his underwear and exclaimed, "Mom! I think these are Zhu Zhu pets on my underwear!" Oh, boy. He keeps me on my toes. Through our laughter, Mackenzie and I had him pull his pants back up. (He only had them part of the way down, not all the way to his knees or anything.) I explained that he has ground hogs on his underwear, though they do look a lot like Zhu Zhu pets. Funny guy.

1 comment:

Shellie Salza said...

So funny! These boys, they DO keep us on our toes! Sweet pictures, as always!