Friday, December 10, 2010

Miniature Gingerbread Village

Well, this picture is out of order, but suffice to say it is Mackenzie's masterpiece! Josiah ate his before I could get a picture of the completed master piece.
At Wal-Mart today, we found a miniature gingerbread village kit. As you can see from the picture below, it came home with us! :) Mackenzie, Josiah, and David built really cute miniature gingerbread houses while I oriented a new nurse via email and phone. I think they were having more fun, but I'm so thankful for the flexibility of my job and I really enjoyed hearing them in the room next to me. I had fun stopping long enough to snap pictures, too. :)

Up close of Mackenzie diligently decorating her gingerbread house.

Up close of Josiah eating his cute gingerbread house! As soon as he completed his house, he pulled the gum drops off as he does not like the taste of them. Then he ate it!

My sweetie working on a sweet little gingerbread house.
I do love my family, and holiday traditions are so much fun. :)

In the past, the kids made a gingerbread house with Granna and Z-Pa, but this Thanksgiving was packed with activities already so that one got skipped. Mackenzie was asking to make one, and the miniature kit seemed just the perfect ticket!

1 comment:

Holly Aytes said...

Those miniature houses are too cute! Glad you got to "join" in on the fun from the next room!