Monday, December 27, 2010

School Christmas Party

On December 17th, Mackenzie had her school Christmas party. Due to snow and ice in the area, both kids were out of school most of that week. They only went to school on Wednesday and Friday, which means Josiah missed the whole week since he only goes on Tues/Thurs! Poor little fellow missed his class party due to school being canceled. He did get to participate with Mackenzie's class, though, which was wonderfully fun!Mackenzie at my cookie decorating station. Thanks to Hannah, the older helper, I was able to walk around the room and take pictures while Hannah helped the kids at the cookie station! I did make the cookies (ahem, thanks to Pillsbury) and other parents provided the icing and sprinkles.
Josiah was delighted to get to decorate a cookie, too. :)

Both my kids at the cookie decorating area.

Mackenzie and Josiah eating M&M's at the Bingo station.

Thanks to another Mom for snapping this picture of Josiah, Mackenzie, and me.

Mackenzie, Savannah, and Mackenzie B. Aren't they cute?!
We had so much fun at the party together. Later that same day, we loaded up and headed to visit relatives for the week leading up to Christmas. I am so thankful that I was able to be there for the party, and that they did not miss the party due to the weather. We did enjoy having snow days that week, though! More updates coming soon about the trip to see family.
On a random note: Josiah has some cute words that I want to record on here so that I don't forget them. He says "exstruction" instead of construction. Like exstruction vehicles. When talking about football, he always says "flootball." And in reference to Indiana Jones (such as Indiana Jones Lego Wii game), he says "Indi-indi-anna Jones" every time. So cute. I don't correct it, either. They learn too fast and I don't want to rush that growing up process!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I love the three girls shirts. Don't you just love being a part of their Christmas parties? I've been blessed to get to attend all of Lauren's parties this year. I know that won't always be the case, so I'm enjoying every minute of it.