Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow Day

Last night as we drove home from Red Lobster, where we had stopped to celebrate our 10th Anniversary, we realized that we might have stopped for a little too long on a snowy night. The roads went from clear to covered in less than one hour. We drove slowly toward home. We saw other cars on the roadside and we could feel the slick road beneath our van tires. We opted for the flattest route home and drove carefully. Even so, we made it about half way up the big hill, about a half mile from home, and slid back down the hill into the ditch. We were able to point the van in the downhill direction, driving slowly forward down the hill. We parked the van on a flat residential road nearby, donned our warm coat and hats, and hiked home! We are so thankful that we are all safe and nothing happened to the van. We are thankful that we were so close to home that we were able to walk the rest of the way. And, we are thankful for SNOW! :)This morning, the kids were delighted to find a winter wonderland waiting for them.
I just love pictures of my precious children playing in the snow. I am so thankful for the outlet shopping that enabled us to have snow suits to keep the kids warm.

My beautiful baby girl.

My handsome little man.

Enjoying the snow in the backyard.

Digging in the snow in the front yard.
After enjoying some time outside, we came in for the classic cup of hot chocolate. I am so thankful that school is out today. The change of pace is such a blessing in our busy world today. I think the Lord smiles down as He pours the snow into our lives, knowing full well that it "interrupts" our routines. What a blessing, indeed. I am thankful for the interruptions that give us more time together to enjoy God's changing seasons.
Pray that those, like my David, who have to be out on the icy/snowy roads due to work, will be safe. Thank you!

4 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

Glad you made it home safely, but I'm jealous! So glad it was a great day. Mackenzie and Josiah are precious, not that you needed me to tell you that!

Jill said...

Yeah for snow!!! We get it quite a lot here but nothing seems to stop for it. I guess I appreciate our "flat land" when I hear about you not being able to get up your hill! glad you made it safe!

Sara said...

I thought Knoxville was getting a bunch of snow today. How fun! I hope we get at least one snow day this winter. I'm not much for the cold, so one is enough!

Cindy said...

Cute pictures of your little snow "bunnies". We only got outside for about 5 minutes before I was ready to come back in. Too cold for me!
What an exciting anniversary dinner you guys had. Glad everything worked out fine. Sorry David had to hike down to Emory Rd. to get to work. Brrrrr!!!
My girls had a blast with your kids over yesterday.