Saturday, April 2, 2011

Easter Eggs!

Yes, I know that it is just the first Saturday of April, and I know that Easter Sunday is still four weeks away, but we have all four been looking forward to dyeing Easter Eggs for a few weeks now. We could not pass up a gorgeous day and the opportunity to dye eggs together. Yep, it's early. That just means we might get to do it a second time even closer to Easter! ;) My two precious babies dying eggs together. Mackenzie still has not lost that first loose tooth, but I'm guessing it will be out within the week. I am treasuring the last of the pictures with her full set of baby teeth intact. Another milestone in the very near future. Sigh. Josiah passed his Kindergarten screening with flying colors. He received his acceptance letter this week in the mail. When I asked him what his "self portrait" looked like, he was quick to explain to me that he drew our whole family, all four of us, including the puppy, Tanner! My two "babies" are certainly growing up. I am proud of them, indeed. I pray that they serve the Lord each day of their lives. Here's Mackenzie, dreaming up what color to make this egg!
Josiah, with a white egg in hand, ready to place it in a color of his choice.
One of their two kits had glitter in it. Mackenzie enjoyed the glitter.
I love the expression on Josiah's face in the above picture! He's "too cool" as he checks on his yellow egg.
Another angle on the sweet expression on Josiah.
Two funny kids!
So sweet.
David enjoying the eggs, too!
Checking patiently on that yellow egg.
Ta-Da!
I LOVE the way Mackenzie designed an egg, by herself, that matched her colorful shirt! Very cool idea. Very talented girl.
Pretty Easter Eggs.
Above is Josiah's completed set.
Above is Mackenzie's completed set.
Mackenzie's set is at picture bottom and Josiah's is at picture top. You'll notice two eggs missing from the two dozen. Yeah, Mackenzie ate those even before we dyed them! LOL. She has really enjoyed the hard boiled eggs in our fridge. I wish Josiah liked to eat them, too. We sure do have a lot to eat! I am thankful for the fun times together. I love the colorful pictures that come so readily during the Spring time with flowers in bloom and Easter eggs! I hope you are enjoying the colors around you, too. We have an amazing Creator, that's for sure.

No comments: