Sunday, November 9, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

Mackenzie and I had a "Girls Day Out" and went to Disney on Ice together. We had so much fun! She spotted a billboard advertising for Disney on Ice about a month ago. She then began telling people that we were going and she was so excited. Only problem was...we did not actually have tickets. Thanks to my papa, we ended up with tickets and thoroughly enjoyed the event! Mackenzie was living a dream. Her enthusiasm was priceless and contagious! On our way there she spontaneously said, "Mom, I love you and I just love our girl time together." Yes, I was teary eyed and we were barely even out of our neighborhood!
Several of the children around us had light up toys and souvenirs. She had nothing. The thing that struck me the most was that she did not ask for anything, though she looked longing at the other kids. I decided to take her during intermission to the souvenir stand and let her pick out an item. Her eyes were huge as she looked at the table full of toys. Within seconds, she selected a butterfly princess wand that has lights and sounds, too. Perfect! She has been asking for a princess wand for a couple of months now. How fun that she got one while at Disney on Ice!

Yeah, that picture is very blurry. At least you kinda get the idea about the beauty of Cinderella and her carriage!

And a fabulous part of our weekend was spent with the Miller Family! We were delighted to have them at our house on Thursday night. The girls thoroughly enjoyed the time together (and just did the "sisterly thing" towards the very end of the visit)! I was just enjoying the visit so much that I forgot to take pictures of the kids until this morning at church. I was able to snap some before church began.

Precious Friendship. Josiah, Laura, and Mackenzie at church today. We miss the Miller's so very much; it was a treat to get to see them this weekend!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Sweet story about Mackenzie! She is such a wonderful child...I'm sure you two had a ball at Disney on Ice!!!

Sara said...

Like the pics..I also forgot to snap pictures this weekend.

On the way home, we were talking about our favorite part of visiting Knoxville. Laura's response was "seeing Mackenzie, being at the mall with Mackenzie and Josiah, and sleeping in Mackenzie's room". I'm surprised the mall made the favorite list since Josiah got sick!!!

We too enjoyed our weekend. Loved sitting with yall at church and watching the kids enjoy each other! Sorry I didn't get to say "goodbye". As you could see Grant was on a downhill spiral to major meltdown! We are home and the kids traveled great. Talk to you soon!

Vicky said...

What a wonderful memory you made with Mackenzie!!

Kim said...

What a great girls outing! Love the new look!!

Cindy said...

How fun to have girls day with Mackenzie! I guess having two girls it seems like girls day all the time. I do love the times when I get to take just one of the girls somewhere. That's always special! The pictures of Mackenzie and Laura are so sweet.

Allison said...

What fun you two had!! I can't wait to have "girl time" with Sydney when she gets a little older. I feel like we haven't seen you guys lately...I miss you! I'll look for you at church!