Saturday, November 1, 2008

Spiders and Braids

Blogger is uploading my pictures in the exact opposite order that I am trying to upload them in...but since I don't want to do it all over again...here they are! My second attempt at french braiding. I'm beginning to figure it out, though I have a hard time remember which way to go next and being able to hold the three strands while picking up more hair and still holding it all tight enough. Whew. I'm having fun trying, and I promise I won't post pictures with every attempt from here forward! Please forgive the toys strewn everywhere!
We were having some down time while watching Curious George.

...And, we made a cozy place to lay while watching Curious George! Can you see how tired the kids are just by looking at their faces?!

Mackenzie made these "spiders." My mom passed the idea along to us, and it was very easy and fun, too. Just take a Ritz cracker, smear peanut butter on it, place pretzel sticks as legs, and use M&M's for eyes.

Here's our finished product! Other than smearing the peanut butter, Mackenzie made them all by herself!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

The right braid looks particularly good, April! I remember when my mom learned how to French braid my hair...I was excited. I eventually learned to French braid my own hair, but it never looked that good on me...my hair wasn't quite thick enough.

Cute spiders! My boys would love making those, too! We may have to try it. Thanks for the idea! And thanks again for having them over tonight...they had a blast!

Shellie Salza said...

I'm so impressed that there are 8 legs on each of the spiders!

I love the french braids. I would have no idea what to do with a girl's hair. I barely even fix my own and (don't tell anyone) I hardly ever even comb Adison's!!

Ginger said...

Braids look great! You are really getting good. My Mom was never great at braiding my hair- but it never looked that good braided as it was curly. Mackenzie makes a beautiful Snow White :)