Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter's Emphasis

As I scroll back through previous posts, I am struck by how much emphasis I have placed on the Easter Bunny and gifts portions of Easter. While I am a big believer in the fun traditions we have about Easter, I certainly do not want to overlook the true emphasis of Easter. I want all the world to know that we believe our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ came to this world as a man, yet being God, and lived a perfect life here on this Earth. We believe He was crucified for our sins, and on the third day He rose again. He defied even death. He is a living and active God. He is our Saviour and Lord of our lives. The Bible, His inspired Word, tells the complete Easter Story in Matthew 27-28, Mark 15-16, Luke 23-24, and John 19-20. Whether you are already a follower of Christ or whether you are currently seeking Him, I invite you to read these passages. I pray that we will choose to live for Him and honor Him in all that we do. May He bless each one of you who is reading this post. May you also come to know Him. I welcome your stories!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

April- thank you for your beautiful comments. We discussed at lunch the glory of the resurrection and what this meant to us living as Christians. It is hard for young kids to get past the Easter bunny, but hopefully they will remember the earliest mentions.

Cindy said...

It is hard to intertwine the two "meanings" of Easter, if you will. I've struggled with that, too. For some reason, it's harder for me than the two "meanings" of Christmas.

James E. Miller said...

All I've got to say is, "Preach it, Sister!"