Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Easter Train!

We went to the mall tonight in order to get Josiah's passport ordered...yes, you read correctly...his passport! We are very excited about getting to take a vacation this year. We just finalized all the plans today. We are going to Mexico! Anyway, I digress.

So, we went to the mall. We had no idea that the Easter Train was set up already; it was a wonderful discovery! The kids love this train, which is set up at Christmas and Easter. Believe it or not, it only costs $1.00 per child to ride. I think that's a pretty good deal. They thoroughly enjoyed the ride. I love the way they like to be together; even though the rest of the train was empty, they chose to sit side-by-side. Precious kids.

As they got off the train, Mackenzie said, "Momma, Josiah saved me from the Easter Bunny." Pretty funny. A 21 month old saving a 3 year old from the Easter Bunny! The train ride went pretty close to where the Easter Bunny sits...apparently a little too close!

Mackenzie also told us, "Momma, the Easter Bunny wanted to give me five, but I did not want to get fuzzy on my hand, so I told him no." What an excuse. She likes to see the Easter Bunny, but not up close!

We had fun at the mall. My mom and Mark just arrived for a visit during UAMS's Spring Break this week. We are excited to have them here for a few days. I'd best sign off and head on to bed. Good night everyone.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Going to Mexico??? This is the first I've heard of this great news. I didn't know the train was also running at Easter...we might have to venture out that direction this week since Laura also LOVES the train.

Ginger said...

Mexico?? With your kids? Please do tell...... That train looks like lots of fun. Is is at East Town?

April said...

Train is at East Towne. I'll have to dedicate a post to the Mexico details when I have a little more time to type! But, yes, with the kids! :)

Holly Aytes said...

We too have had to get passports this year for vacation. All 3 of the kids need them for the cruise. I think it is funny my 2 yr old, 4 yr old, and 7 yr old have passports. I didn't have one as a child so it is funny to see my kids with them. Can't wait to hear about Mexico!