Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mackenzie and the Dora Cookie

Last night Mackenzie picked out a Dora cookie at Wal-Mart. During the opening process after checking out, the cookie broke into two pieces. This completely devastated Mackenzie. Yes, I realize it is just a cookie; she did not! In the world of this 3 year old, the importance that the cookie be intact before eating it is huge! A long story short: we apologized and explained it was an accident. A still upset Mackenzie did manage to move on with her evening and even fall asleep at bedtime. Upon awaking this morning, we got a phone call. It was David calling us from work. He instructed Mackenzie and me to go check our mailbox. Yes, you guessed it: A new intact Dora cookie for our little princess. :) Kudos to David for pulling that one off in the wee morning hours while the rest of the world slept! He is one amazing man. I am proud that he is my husband. I am proud that he is the daddy of our kids. I love you, David!!!

I just loved these last two pics of Mackenzie. I snapped them this afternoon and thought I'd share them.

7 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Yeah for David! That was very thoughtful of him. I can just see Mackenzie's big smile when she saw that intact Dora cookie! I felt so bad for her on wednesday night b/c she just looked so sad about her broken cookie :(

Sara said...

What a thoughtful daddy!

Jennifer said...

I just found your blog, April! Your kids are too cute! Hope you're doing well!

Ginger said...

What a man!

TexasNeals said...

awwwww, what a good daddy! :) she is such a beauty april. love those "goldie locks!"

James E. Miller said...

That's the David I know! Nice work, Dad.

James E. Miller said...

Sara told me about the message you left regarding the mulch sale. While Sara enjoyed it, I found little amusement in your attempt at humor at my expense.

J/K. I laughed too...