Monday, June 23, 2008

Cucumber Kid

I realize Mackenzie is holding a tomato in this picture, but she is a "cucumber kid" at heart. She picks and eats the cucumbers right out of the garden as fast as they can grow!
Yes, this is her hand reaching for the cucumber to eat even before I finished snapping the picture of the miniature produce from our garden!
Here is our little garden. We are enjoying tomatoes, squash, cucumber, and banana peppers. The part I am enjoying the most is watching the Mackenzie and Josiah enjoy it all!

7 comments:

Sara said...

Gardens are so much fun, even though they can be a lot of work at first. This year seems to be a much better growing season with all the extra rain. I'm glad your kids are enjoying the experience. I bet they're really excited to get to eat veggies from their own backyard.

Shellie Salza said...

We LOVE cucumbers around here too! I have a great picture of Adison eating a huge one last year straight out of our neighbor's garden. Your garden looks great! Sounds like we grow the same stuff.

Nicole said...

I'm patiently waiting for the cucumbers and tomatoes to hurry and ripen on our vines! Braedon's not quite big enough to help me, but he's certainly fascintated by our garden.

Sara said...

Great idea to do a vegetable garden. We actually have a perfect spot for that in our new backyard..maybe next year.

Ginger said...

How fun! I am very impressed that she eats cucumbers. A garden is one thing I am looking forward to doing next summer at our new house. I think it is so important that kids know where food comes from (not kroger!)

TexasNeals said...

wow, wow, wow!!! your garden looks great!!! how did you avoid cutworms? what's your secret? i have several cucumbers coming on, but those sneaky little worms are coming i'm afraid. please impart your green thumb wisdom!

Kim said...

Our computer is fixed -hooray!
I love the new pic on the blog, April. It is just amazing.
Good to check in on you guys!