Friday, March 27, 2009

Friendship

After thinking long and hard about what to type for this post, I've decided to keep it short for fear I get too emotional otherwise! This pic is of Mackenzie and Avery. Notice they were playing dress up and crazy hair?! Cute girls. Precious friendship. I am thankful for Avery and her family. I am thankful they are in "school" together. I am thankful they will be in Kindergarten together, too!!! Just within the past week or so, both girls have been to play at each other's homes. I guess we're officially to that stage now...you know, the stage of inviting friends over from school to play. Have I mentioned that I'm thankful for Avery and her family? I felt 100% comfortable with Mackenzie going to play at their house, and we loved having Avery come play with us today! :) Friendship truly is a blessing. (BTW, Josiah had a blast playing with the girls, too! He just didn't stop playing computer games long enough to get in this picture with them! Ha.)

4 comments:

Ginger said...

April- that is so special. I share your emotions in being thankful for other kids with great families. We have reached that point with Will this year and he has gone home to play with several boys from his class. We have been blessed with a great class full of really wonderful parents that share our same values and love the Lord.
I am glad Mackenzie has made a new "special" friend because I know how close she was/is with Laura.

Shellie Salza said...

It IS an emotional thing to have friends who are close and give you peace to leave your baby with to play!

I feel so blessed that we have multiple families we feel this way about. It makes visiting Leonidas a much less stressful thing knowing my other baby is well taken care of in my absence.

It's also very fun to see them grow and learn new things from other great families!

Kim said...

Definitely something to be thankful for. So thankful they have each other.

Cindy said...

Mackenzie is such a sweetheart, I'm sure she'll have lots of friends!! I'm glad that my children have become friends with yours. Love seeing them together as they say hello or goodbye. I also love how they sit together during H2H time. Hopefully these friendships will last for many years to come. I know we sure love being a part of our H2H group. You guys are very special to host each week! We love you guys!