Sunday, May 24, 2009

Emotions

My Baby Boy is 3 Years Old Today! I enjoyed every moment of the day. Then I cried as I carried my sleeping "baby" to bed. Something about my baby boy turning 3 and my baby girl heading to Kindergarten this fall has gotten me all emotional. Sad is more like it. Sigh. I love them. I will miss the hugs around my legs and the random kisses all over from "my babies." I just want to freeze time, and yet I want more sleep (ahem, Josiah--sleep through the night boy!) all at the same time. Sigh again. Can anyone relate? Silly, I suppose, as I really do want them to grow and be healthy. I am thankful for their health. Truly, I am. Yet I still want to keep things just the way they are! Okay. Enough for now. Just had to get that out.

I'll post the "Happy Birthday, Josiah" post sometime tomorrow...with pictures and everything! :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

I've been thinking about you all day today knowing it was Josiah's birthday. We meant to call and then it was 8:30 and figured he might be snoozing already. You are not silly at all to have sad emotions about your kids growing up. I have them all the time..not just on birthdays. I'd LOVE to freeze my children right now, but then at the same time, I want them to grow up and experience life to its fullest. It is bittersweet! Love ya dearly!!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday, Josiah!!!!

Our big t-h-r-e-e isn't for another 2 1/2 months and I'm already dreading it. Three just sounds so much bigger than two!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday, Josiah! I completely understand how you feel. Each new stage of development has been my next favorite, so I didn't think I was really going to be that sad when Gracen kept getting so big. But the other day I was looking at pictures from last summer and at how small and precious she was. It really did make me sad thinking how quickly she is growing up. So I completely understand!