Monday, May 25, 2009

Mackenzie Completes Preschool

This is almost a week late in coming...but here are the pictures from Mackenzie's school program and certificate ceremony for completing her four-year-old class. The pictures that follow are actually from last Tuesday, May 19th. Our videographer for Mackenzie's program! Well, Daddy's little helper, anyways. :)
Josiah loved getting to help man the camera during Mackenzie's performance. Well, prior to it, anyways. ;)

She was on stage with her class, as well as the 3's and 5's from the Tuesday/Thursday Mother's Day Out program. They sang two songs with lots of motions! One song was called, My Father's House. The other song was great, too, but I can't remember what it was called. It was about never giving up our love for God even as season's change. Very upbeat and wonderful song!

Mackenzie's best friend, Avery, is standing beside her (picture left). Sweet kiddos!

I love this smirk on Mackenzie's face! She had been so focused on singing the right words and doing the right motions at the right time, that she did not smile during the songs. As soon as the song was over, she gave us her "I did it!" smile. She was obviously pleased with her performance and I think she loved all the applause all the kids got from the very proud audience! :)

Here is her entire class, with their teacher, Mrs. Melinda (picture right).

Here's my snapshot of Mackenzie receiving her certificate and her "badge" as she called it! Again, you're getting to see her pretty proud smile. :)

Here's Avery and Mackenzie checking out their awards/badges!

I had no idea that Mrs. Melinda was going to have a special ceremony for the children in the classroom after the program. It was a wonderful surprise! We now have some pretty neat keepsakes from Mackenzie's time in "preschool." It is hard to believe that chapter of her life is already finished. The next step is Kindergarten in August! Needless to say, I'm thrilled to have the summer to totally enjoy my children. If I just don't think about Kindergarten, it won't happen, right?!? Sigh. I really am proud my my precious baby girl and her accomplishments. I know she will be ready for the next step. I just pray that I'm ready, too!

No comments: