Friday, May 1, 2009

Two Specific Prayers: Update

Update: Memphis news online has the story, but I am TERRIBLY upset to hear that Micah's body was found last night. Her husband told authorities where to find the body. Obviously, he is in custody at this time. They expect charges to be filed against him today. I am stunned. I am sad. I am asking for prayers on behalf of her parents and brother. May the Lord provide them with a comfort that can only come from Him. May He surround them with love and support from those that loved Micah. She was an amazing person. Words cannot do her justice. I cannot imagine the depth of grief that her family is struggling with today...and for days to come.

With the sadness surrounding the disappearance of Micah Rine Pate, a friend from growing up days at school, I'm posting to ask for prayers on her behalf. Please pray that Micah will return safely and quickly, to her home in Bartlett, TN. Pray for those searching for her. Pray for her husband and her parents, too. Pray for safety and peace for all involved. She went for a run on Thursday evening at 8:30pm and never returned home. She left all her personal items (cell phone, keys, car, purse, etc.) at home. Obviously, everyone is very concerned as this is NOT characteristic of Micah, a very responsible person.

To add a more uplifting note to the terrible news above...
Leonidas Salza is HOME from the NICU!!!! I posted a few months ago asking for prayers for him as he was born at 25 weeks gestation. Now I am posting to say thank you for those prayers, please continue praying for his health as he grows and develops, and PRAISE GOD that he is alive and well weighing over 5 lbs now and HOME from the NICU. Woooo Hoooo!!! The Lord is good and He hears our prayers. Just wanted you all to know! Here's the link to the Salza's blog. Shellie does a great job updating it and if you click over there you'll see some pictures of TWO CUTE BOYS! :)

6 comments:

Sara said...

I've been thinking and praying for Micah today. Such a scary situation.

I hadn't read Shellie's blog in awhile. So glad Leonidas go to go home! That is great news.

Sara said...

Such a sad sad situation. The entire community is grieving for the Rine family. Makes me just sick!

Anonymous said...

Oh April, this is so terrible. I am so sorry for her family. I did not know her but I am sure she was a terrific person. My prayers will be for Him to comfort her family and bring them peace.

Cindy said...

April, I am so sorry to hear about the death of your friend, Micah. What a horrible, horrible thing!!

Rebecca said...

April, That is horrible. I am so sorry.

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

so sorry april- in my prayers!