Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Funny Kids

For your entertainment:

As David and Mackenzie played a game with cars a few days ago, I sat nearby and listened. Mackenzie began naming the color of each car. "Green, Red, Purple, Gray, Mold, Blue" and as she named the colors of each car, I fell apart in a fit of laughter. I have never heard of the color "mold," but she was right on with her description! The car was a olive green or army green color. Just like mold. When I asked her about "mold," she was quick to reply, "Well, Mom, I don't know what that color is really called, but is sure likes look mold to me, so I called it mold." Too funny. What's sad is that my kid knows what mold looks like! He, he. (Yes, you should check the loaf of bread before eating from it when at our house-Ha.)

A sweet story:

As I woke Mackenzie up one morning this week to get her ready for school, I sat in the floor of her room with her in my arms. I gently rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And as I did I said, "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be." (I'm quoting verbatim from the book Love You Forever. I give the author the credit for the words of the above paragraph!) I had barely gotten those words out of my mouth when she replied in a gentle whispering voice of the early morning hours, "Momma, I'll still be your baby even when you're in Heaven." How precious is that?! I, of course, wholeheartedly agreed with her. Then we had a fun conversation about Heaven and how we'll all be there together one day. Pretty cool start to the day.

Random:

As I tucked Mackenzie into bed last night, she asked me, "Mom, if you're still alive when I get married, will you come to my wedding?" I assured her that I would love to come to her wedding. Then I asked how old she planned on being when she got married. She did not miss a beat in replying, "I'll be 99, Mom!" As we talked some more, she kept changing her age from 99 to 6 to 31. Then she announced that she still intends to marry Grant Miller, and their wedding would be at the mall so everyone could have fun. Kids and their ideas just crack me up.

Josiah ran up to me earlier this week, completely out of the blue, and announced, "Mom, I'm gonna marry you!" To which Mackenzie informed him that I was already taken. Exactly why my kids are so stuck on these ideas/thoughts/questions regarding marriage lately, I have no idea! It's pretty cute, though.

Embarrassing:

Josiah was sitting in my lap watching TV earlier this week. He ran his hand over my ankles. Stopped. Looked up and said, "Mom! What are those spikes?" Yep, I know I need to shave when my 3 year old notices!

Sweet:

Josiah was getting ready to pile into the van yesterday morning. It is early when we load in to take Mackenzie to school. He looked outside and with wide eyes said, "Wow! Look at that pretty sunset!" (Did you catch it? He was seeing the beautiful sunrise, but had no word for it other than sunset. We used to not be early risers here at our house. ;))

Well, that's all my updates on what the kids have said this week that I just don't want to forget. I figure if I record them here, I can reread them someday later in time. :)

5 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

What great stories. I have used my blog for "scrapbooking" purposes alot lately. I figure when I get around to scrapbooking I can pull stories and sayings off here.

Kim said...

I loved each one. How precious!

Cindy said...

You'll be so glad you wrote those down! I'm glad too...it lifted my spirits just a bit, and boy, I needed that tonight! Thanks, April!

Amanda said...

What sweet memories! You'll be so glad you recorded them!

Cindy said...

The kids will enjoy reading these funny stories when they are older. I love using the blog to record things for the girls to be able to read for years to come. These stories brought smiles to my face reading each one. I miss you guys! Can't wait for everyone to get well.