Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Pictures

If I counted correctly, there are 27 pictures in this post...don't say I didn't warn you! :) We had a blast yesterday at a local pumpkin patch/farm.
The kids loved running through the hay bale maze that was just their size.

They both enjoyed the giant sand area, but Josiah enjoyed it most of all! He spent a lot of time playing with the trucks and buckets in the sand.

Mackenzie loved the pedal cars and went numerous times around the track even though her legs were just barely long enough!

Josiah loved the pedal cars, too. His legs just weren't long enough!

Mackenzie flying out the end of the long slide.

Josiah flying out the end of the long slide!

Both kids running back toward the stairway up to do it all again!

Mackenzie in the corn or maize pit.

Josiah making a corn angel?! :)

Enjoying life in the big bucket of corn. Very fun to play in and a neat texture, too!

Well, if you look close you can see the back of Josiah's head in the green hole, beside Mackenzie's in the brown one! I almost got them both at the same time, but not quite!

My family!
David, Mackenzie, Josiah, April

My Little Pumpkin. :)

Little Sweetie in the hay waiting for the hayride wagon to board.

Little man waiting for the hayride to board.

My two precious kiddos, excited about the hayride!

My babies and me on the hayride.

I love this one of Mackenzie. The lighting was good, too.

My little pumpkins, sitting on pumpkins.
(We didn't get any there this year as they seem old and don't last as long as the fresh pumpkins from a small area nearer our home, but we enjoyed the photo op!)

David and Mackenzie on the return hayride back to the main area.

Mackenzie in the foreground and Josiah in the background, getting their faces painted! We let them each pick which "face" they wanted...

Mackenzie chose Rose Princess.

Josiah chose Skeleton Pirate!

Here's the finished product.

Josiah's just cracked me up. I think he looks like he has black eyes today, even after our attempts to wash it off! All of it is off except the bruised appearance of his eyes. Ha.

Mackenzie proudly displaying her Rose Princess paints.
We had a great time at the pumpkin patch, and the weather was so perfect, too. Fun times and fun memories. Happy Fall Everyone! :)

8 comments:

Erika said...

What an awesome place! If you don't mind me asking, Where did you all go? I'd love to take Silas someplace like that before I go back to work.
Great pictures as usual. Beautiful Kiddos!

Holly Aytes said...

Looks like fun! We love to go to places like that...not sure if we will fit it in this year with Disney in a week and half. We got our pumpkin at Sam's this year. It is huge and the kids love it!

Cindy said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I thought about you all going this weekend. Sorry we couldn't go with you. I'm sure the girls would have loved being there with your kiddos. I hope we get to go back there. The girls loved the haybale maze there last year. Looks like they added a few more things this year. I'm trying to decide what to do because Lauren's PreK class is going to a Pumpkin field somewhere out past Alcoa. Can't remember the name of it. That may be our only trip, but, I like for Bill to get to go to these things,too. Need to make up my mind soon.
Your pictures are great. Is it the haircut that makes Josiah look so big? He seems to have grown since I saw him last!

Sara said...

That looks like such a great place for kids! Where did you guys go? We went to the fruit and berry patch yesterday and picked out a pumpkin, but the other activities look like a lot of fun.

Ginger said...

Great pictures! Looks like you guys had the perfect weather for such a perfect day! Saturday was beautiful here too. Fall is so much fun :)

Cindy said...

At first glance, I thought the corn pit was full of CANDY corn! Now that would be crazy!

I love Josiah's makeup...so elaborate! Too bad it's not Halloween yet!

Was this the place out in Corryton?

April said...

Yes, this was Oakes Farm out in Corryton. You can get there off of Tazewell Pike or Emory Road onto Foster and then...I forget the name of the road the place is actually on! You can get the address out of the school coupon book, and I'm sure you can google it! :)

We loved the fact that the place is full of FREE activities! The face painting cost $5, and you can get an armband for $5 that lets your kid have unlimited pedal car rides and unlimited jumps in the bouncy house. Otherwise, the bounce house is $1 and the pedal cars $3 per time. The sand, slide, hay bale maze, corn pit, etc were all FREE. You can pay for a pumpkin and the hayride is included for $7 total, or you can pay $2 per adult for just the hayride and no pumpkin! That's what we did. They even have a concession area with hotdogs for $1 which seemed like a great price to me!

Hope that answers everyone's questions! Blog about it if you get to go...I'd love to hear your stories and see those pics, too! :)

Kim said...

Love, love, love this post and the new blog pic!!!!