Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Random

Mackenzie was lying in her bed the other night, trying to fall asleep...and she was counting. She eventually got out of bed, came to me, and said, "Mom, I just can't go to sleep. I've already counted to one hundred and twenty-ten twice now!" I love it. She can easily count to 100, and has been able to do so for quite some time now. The funny thing to me is that when she gets to 129, the next number that comes out is 120-10 (that's 130, right?!)!! I just had to record that because she used to do that all the time while counting up to 100, like 29, 20-10, and I never got that recorded anywhere. It's been a long time since she counted to 20-10 or 120-10! (Ahem, 30 or 130.) I'll miss those cute things she does as she grows, and I want to be able to tell her about them when she's older. :) She is counting by 2's and 10's and learning all kinds of ways to count in Kindergarten. I'm guessing our days of counting to one hundred and twenty ten are numbered. ;)

If you ask Josiah what he wants for Christmas, he'll tell you...and boy are these items all about adventure and speed: jet pack, rocket boosters for shoes, hang glider, bullet bike, yellow jet car, and who knows what all else! He is boy through and through. I just hope he comes up with something doable before Christmas! He, he.

As we drove around in a parking lot looking for a place to park this evening before Mackenzie's soccer game, I said something about driving in circles. Josiah piped right up and said, "No, Mom, I think we're really driving in ovals!" He was right.

Mackenzie wrote a note to me this week. It said, "I LOVE MY MOM." She wrote it all by herself, without even asking for help with the spelling of anything! What a fun surprise for me. :)

Josiah wrote "MOM" for the first time this week, too. He is learning so much at school. He loves saying his alphabet over and over, and he loves to practice writing his letters. He is quite good at tracing items and staying in the lines while coloring. His teachers at church say he is the best in his class at coloring...very focused and determined to stay in the lines and wants to finish his work.

It is fun to see both kids doing so well in school settings and with school work. Oh, and they saw each other at recess today! Well, Mackenzie was on the big kid playground and Josiah on the preschool playground (separate areas)...but they waved to each other and were so excited to tell me all about it when school was over. Precious kids.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

They most certainly are precious kids! Josiah told me about wanting a hang glider while we were in Children's Worship Sunday...pretty much out of the blue! It was great...he has quite a lofty list!

Erika said...

They are so close! I think it is so sweet they were excited to see each other on the playground.
Thanks so much for sharing these stories.

Sara said...

Laura also says "20-10" when she gets to "30" and then "20-11, 20-12, etc..."

I love that they saw each other on the playground..that is soo very sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear they're both loving school :) I can't believe how fast they're growing!