Monday, October 19, 2009

Josiah Stories

We had a wonderful visit with David's parents this weekend, and I'm so sorry that I have absolutely no pictures to share! We all enjoyed the time together so much that I forgot to grab the camera. Anyways, the Josiah said some funny things this weekend, so I'm going to share those stories.

As we were enjoying supper at Abuelo's (thanks Zearl and Betty!) on Saturday night, Josiah crawled into my lap after eating his meal. He then began to tell me that his feet hurt. Then he said, "Mom, there's something in there!" So, I pulled his shoe off thinking I would surely find the object causing the pain. Nothing. Josiah says again, with more urgency in his voice, "It's buzzing around in there! Get it out!" At this point I have not only his shoe off, but his sock off as well. That's when I realized his foot was bright red as the blood flow was returning. He must have been sitting on his feet while eating his supper, because his feet were tingling as they had gone to sleep. I felt bad for him that his feet hurt, but his terminology was so funny!

On our way home, Josiah was talking with Granna and Z-Pa about things that fly, like hang gliders and rockets, and Granna said, "You have your Z-Pa's genes for flying, Josiah." (David's dad flew helicopters in Vietnam and a plane for a university.) Josiah paused for a few seconds while he inspected his jeans. Then he announced, "No I don't, Granna! These are my jeans!"

3 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

Love how literal they are! I think I forgot to comment about your pumpkin patch pics. They're great!

Jared & Karen said...

How funny! I love kids' cute comments. We still laugh a lot about what our former foster girls would say.

Erika said...

He is so sweet! I love Josiah stories.