Friday, October 23, 2009

Fall Activities

Seems like we've had a busy week, but busy in a wonderful way! On Monday, Mackenzie and I made Thanksgiving Turkey Treats just like we did last year. We got the idea from Family Fun Magazine, and Mackenzie was featured in the March 2009 issue of Family Fun in the mailbox section. However, this year we were not just making them for fun. We got a grade for them! :) No worries, we received 100%. Her Kindergarten class is talking about the sense of taste and community helpers, such as bakers. The assignment was to make/bake something together, bring enough for each classmate, and tell the class how you made them.
Mackenzie was very proud of our Turkey Treats.

We had fun making them together, and I had fun carrying them down the hallway and into the classroom on Tuesday morning! The oooh's and aaaah's were so much fun! :) (These are not hard to make. Simple use Oreos, Candy Corn, Whoppers, and Icing as glue.)


Last night we went to Boo at the Zoo, which has become an annual tradition. The kids began the evening tired, so they really had no desire to pose for cute pictures for me! I liked this one of David and the kids walking toward Trick or Treat Lane, though.

Because of the huge crowds, we were able to take the free shuttle bus (big yellow school bus) from our van to the zoo entrance and back to the van when we were finished. Check out Mackenzie's (ladybug) loot!

Here's Josiah (ironman) enjoying his doughnut on the bus ride back to the van. He ate his doughnut and David's, too! Guess that was supper?!

Today David came home early so that I could go attend a Fun Friday craft time with Mackenzie and her classmates. I am her room mom, so I've been coordinating which craft and which parents (three at a time) are there to assist with the craft. We do this once every two weeks, and this was my first time to go. I love it!!! In the above picture, the kids are dancing the coordinated moves that go with the song, "Counting on God." It was priceless. The 19 second video I got of it does not do it justice, but I just might try to upload it anyways!

Above is Mackenzie sitting at her seat after finishing the pumpkin face craft. I read the story of the Pumpkin Parable to the kids after we finished the craft.

Here's Mackenzie with Avery right next to her and two other friends (Madison in pink and Kenzie in white), as well.

Left to Right: Kenzie, Madison, Audrianna, Avery, Mackenzie. Mason and Raley in background.

The entire class, except for one child who was out sick, with their pumpkin faces on their heads.

The finished product!

A sweet picture of the whole (almost) class! Mackenzie is loving Kindergarten. :)

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Great post...and what a fun homework assignment! Mackenzie is now a bona fide expert at the Turkey Treats! I just love kindergarten!

Cindy said...

I remember those cute little Turkey Treats! Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. I love those beautiful curls and that sweet smile!
I bet you are a great room Mom. I'm glad you get to share those great moments at school with Mackenzie.
I really enjoyed all your pictures.

Hannah said...

Those turkey treats look amazing! And they look like fun to make. I love this time of year. :)

Allison said...

Great seeing you all tonight briefly! Those treats you and Mackenzie made sure look yummy. I don't think you can go wrong when oreos, candy corn, and whoppers are combined....three of my favorites!

Jared & Karen said...

Your daughter has the most beautiful smile! Looks like she had fun making those treats. =)