Tuesday, August 12, 2008

4 Year Old Class!

Mackenzie's first day of school in the four year old class is today. I was a bit hurried this morning as I scooted us out the door so as not to be late. We made it just in time! Most of the other kids were already there, and Mackenzie walked right in, found her name, and sat down. She is excited about the day, but I think she's just a little bit anxious, too. She lead the way from the van into the building, saw a very crowded hallway, stopped, and turned to me with outstretched arms while saying, "My legs are tired. Will you carry me?" Of course, I was happy to oblige! I scooped her up into my arms and carried her down the very crowded hallway with Josiah walking by our side. (I really think it was the chaos in the hallway that caused her hesitation, because once we were pasted all the people, she was ready to get down and walk into her classroom.) Here's a couple pictures I snapped before Josiah and I headed on out. (Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that she'll only be there from 9-2, two days a week. Seems to me that is enough to prep for Kindergarten routines, while still being able to enjoy having her at home as much as possible for this last year before full time school begins.) Mackenzie with her teacher, Mrs. Melinda.
Mackenzie sitting in her seat, smiling up at Mrs. Melinda. Mackenzie has talked about Mrs. Melinda being her teacher all summer long. I had no idea if Mrs. Melinda was actually going to be her teacher until last week. How exciting for Mackenzie to discover that indeed, she would have Mrs. Melinda for her teacher after all!
One day last week, while still in p.j.'s, Mackenzie said, "Hey, Mom, I fit in my new backpack!"
Funny kid. She really does fit in her backpack! (I forgot to get that classic picture of her with her princess lunch box and Hello Kitty backpack today, but I think the ones I did get will suffice.) :)
One more funny thing: As we unloaded from the van, Josiah excitedly volunteered, "Momma, I want to carry Mackenzie's suitcase!" His terminology in reference to her backpack just cracked me up. What a little gentleman. ;)

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Cute pictures! Looks like Mackenzie is ready for a great year of preschool! That's so exciting.

Sara said...

I always love the excitement that accompanies the first day of school. I can't wait to hear all about her first day. It looks like it got off to a great start.

By the way, I love the pics of her in her bookbag. Awesome!

Sara said...

So glad Mackenzie was excited about her first day of school and the drop off went smoothly! Such a big girl!

Vicky said...

She is adorable!!. She looks so excited to be in "school". I'm sure she will have a great year.

Kim said...

What a beautiful little girl. And that sounds like the perfect time and days for preschool!

Amanda said...

Wow, you guys have been busy! Looks like you had tons of fun. I love the playhouse! I always wanted one of those. I'm so glad Mackenzie is enjoying school and loves her teacher. Before long she'll be having sleepovers and sliding down stairs in pillowcases... or backpacks!