Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday, Mackenzie!!!

My precious baby girl turns FOUR today! Wow. Sometimes I wonder why the time has to go by so quickly. Sigh. Below are several (don't say I didn't warn you!) pictures of our weekend celebration. One of the most memorable things about this year's party (in contrast to those three years before) was Mackenzie's decision NOT to invite any other children. She informed me a few weeks back that she did not want any other children at her Birthday party, except for Josiah. When I inquired as to why, she responded very matter of factly, "Because I do not want any other children to help me blow out my candles or open my presents. I want to do it myself, and Josiah can help me open my presents." Laugh out loud funny. What logic! Okay, no problem as we have already had a celebration with friends in July while in Searcy. So...we had a family party this year. On Wednesday Mackenzie exclaimed, "The UPS truck is in our driveway!" The next thing I knew, she was out the front door carrying a box as big as herself inside. Out came the scissors, and both kids dove into a Birthday in a Box package from Papa and Lili (my dad and stepmom). Among other things, the box contained a "real" puppy. Mackenzie has hardly let that dog (stuffed) out of her sight for a moment! It even came with a carrier, comb, bowl, treats, leash, collar, and coat. The picture above is of Mackenzie holding her dog, Esa, and wearing new Dora pajamas.
This is Josiah loving on Esa!
Mackenzie proudly toting Esa in her carrier!
On Saturday Nona and Mzee (my mom and stepdad), Granna and Z-pa (David's parents), and Uncle Zac (David's brother) joined us for a day early celebration. Mackenzie chose Chuck-E-Cheese as her Birthday activity. I'm not sure...but it looks like the grandmothers are enjoying themselves a little more than the Birthday Girl who appears to be bored! HA. Seriously, this picture cracked me up, but we all had a blast!!
Mackenzie's Bruster's ice cream cake...just like she was hoping for!
Mackenzie standing proudly beside her cake, patiently waiting for the lighting of the candles.
My mom snapped this picture...what perfect timing! You can actually see the candles being blown out.
Mackenzie and Josiah hugging right after she blew her candles out. Aren't they too sweet? They really do love each other.

Now for the presents...remember that Mackenzie got her ears pierced? And that she wanted them pierced BEFORE her Birthday? Yeah. I think she was on to something there...check out all 3 pairs of her new earrings! This first pair is a pair of real pearls from Granna and Z-pa.
This pair is a set she spotted, Blue Opals, and her Daddy and I surprised her with them.
Holding her Blue Opals up for all to see.
Giddy as can be as she opens the 3rd pair of earrings...this set from Nona and Mzee. She had told Mzee she wanted "purple 14 karat gold earrings" for her Birthday from them. Too funny!
And, yes, she got those purple 14 karat gold earrings!

To My Precious Baby Girl, Mackenzie: I love you and wish you the Happiest Birthday Ever. May God always guide you. May you grow to know, love, serve, and honor Him each day of your life. We are so very proud of you.



5 comments:

Cindy said...

It was so fun to get to see Mackenzie twice today on her actual birthday! Looks like she had a blast...and such fun presents! I love the puppy. Happy 4th Birthday, Mackenzie!

Sara said...

Happy 4th Birthday, Mackenzie!! Laura still wants to sing "Happy Birthday" to you, so give us a call.

She looks like such a big girl now. I was looking at pictures of the girls today of last years birthday and they've just changed so much!

Holly Aytes said...

Happy Birthday Mackenzie! Looks like you got some really good presents! Not many little girls have that much real jewelry! The cake looks yummy and the grandmothers do seem to be having more fun in that picture, Mackenzie's face is priceless though! Maybe she is thinking "my grandmothers are hogging the game" :)

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Mackenzie!! How exciting to be 4 years old!! Love the earings. They will look so beautiful on such a lovely young lady.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, Mackenzie!
She and Josiah are so sweet together-just melts your heart, right?!