Sunday, February 8, 2009

David's Grandpa Watson

Farland Zearl Watson
November 19, 1916 to January 21, 2009
92 years

I have taken longer than I expected to complete this post. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to think of just the perfect thing to type. My conclusion is this: These pictures tell quite a story in and of themselves. I decided to upload these 15 pictures in place of whatever words I could of typing. I think you'll see from these pictures that David's grandpa was a man who smiled all the time! He always seemed content and happy, no matter what the circumstances. I am proud to say that I knew him and that I got to be a part of his family. I am proud that my children are his great grandchildren. I am thankful that my children were able to know him, and I pray that he will always live on in our hearts and memories. I know that he lives on in Heaven in a new and wonderful way that I can only imagine.

Grandma and Grandpa on December 29, 2008 during a visit to the nursing home. Thankfully, he only had to be at the nursing home for about 2 1/2 months. He spent the majority of his 92 years at home...in the same home he lived in for about 67 years! He and Grandma were married for 74 years. The thing that makes me the saddest about his passing on is that Grandma is alone now.

Mackenzie and Josiah helping Grandpa open his Christmas presents.

December 22, 2007
Mackenzie 3 years old; Josiah almost 19 months old.

December 26, 2006

The entire Watson Family on December 26, 2006 in front of Grandma and Grandpa's house.
Mackenzie 2 years old; Josiah 7 months old.

Four Generations! December 26, 2006. Josiah 7 months old.

Too cute! December 26, 2006. Josiah 7 months old.

October 9, 2006 Mackenzie 2 years old; Josiah 4 1/2 months old.

October 9, 2006. Great Grandma and Grandpa Watson with Mackenzie & Josiah.

Mackenzie with Great Grandpa Watson. October 9, 2006

Four Generations! October 9, 2006. Josiah 4 1/2 months old.

Great Grandma and Grandpa Watson with Mackenzie and David. June 27, 2005. Mackenzie 10 months old.

Great Grandma and Grandpa Watson meeting Mackenzie, their first Great Grandchild, for the first time. October 9, 2004. Mackenzie 1 1/2 months old.

Grandpa, we love you and we will miss you, but we know you are with the Lord. Thank you for a life well lived.



5 comments:

Dallas said...

I cannot believe how much all the Watson men look alike! Those pictures are treasures! Thank you for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

April, thank you for sharing those terrific memories in photos. I'm sorry that David and his family have experienced such a loss.

Prayers and ((hugs)),
Kristie

Cindy said...

I loved the 4 generations pictures. I know you treasure those pictures with the great- grandparents with your children. I was so blessed that my grandmother moved in with my parents and was able to get to know our girls for the period of time she was there. I'll never forget that precious opportunity. Enjoyed seeing your children when they were younger in those pictures.

Sara said...

Thank you for sharing those priceless family photos. You are right, Grandpa Watson had a very warm smile and a twinkle in his eye in every picture.

Ginger said...

I know that must have been a hard post to type. Words don't seem adequate for a life of 92 years! Those pictures are now priceless memories for your children.