Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Kids Comments

Where do I begin? Seems that over the past month or so the kids have had lots to say. Some of their comments have been cute, some serious, and others embarrassing! I'm recording them here on the blog as I don't want to forget these crazy comments.

Josiah has stopped saying "banana" and now says, "babana."

Mackenzie continues to say "edults" instead of "adults." She also says "esuppose to" instead of "suppose to." She has mispronounced these two words for years now and I love it!

As we were visiting relatives in Arkansas after Grandpa's funeral, the kids would explain to everyone...Mackenzie would say, "Grandpa Watson died," and Josiah would immediately pick right up where she left off with, "Umm hmm. And we buried him." Together they summarized a major event as they processed the whole trip and passing of Grandpa.

Last night on our way home we passed a dead skunk on the road. It stank. It was nasty. Mackenzie wanted to know what it looked like. I told her it was black, white, and red with blood. She was quiet. Several seconds passed before she piped up from the backseat, "Will the other skunks put it in a casket and have a funeral for it?" Then she went into a big spill out how the other skunks could have a funeral for the dead one!

Today while Mackenzie was in school I took Josiah to the mall. We were reading Hallmark cards looking for the perfect Valentine when he announced, (rather loudly, I might add) "Mom, that man has hair on his nose!" Oh, boy. That man was standing only a few feet from us reading cards. I wanted to crawl in a hole. It was an elderly man with a cane and, yes, lots of gray hair! I honestly don't know if he understood every word my all-to-clear two year old said or not. He did turn and walk away as if he did not hear, whether or not he did! Sigh. I spent some time explaining to Josiah in a whisper that while the man did have lots of hair, we don't want to announce that...etiquite...oh, well.

Then, while in another store, Josiah made another announcement. This time it was in reference to "the man" immediately in front of us in line. The problem with the comment was that "the man" was actually a woman. Sigh. I am positive that "she" heard him, but, thankfully, she continued her check-out process as though she did not hear. I guess I'll think twice before taking Josiah on an outing for fear of what he might say about those around us!!

Oh, and last night after I had exercised and not yet showered, Josiah was sitting in my lap and looked up at me and said, "You don't look great." He was serious. I have to say, kids are honest! I truly did not look very good. Ha. His phraseology made me laugh! I took the hint and showered and brushed my hair. That seemed to help. :)

I'm using this last paragraph to say...Go buy the March 2009 issue of Family Fun magazine!!! Check out page #13. Yep, that's my girl and those are our turkey's! Here's the link if you want to click and see the blog post I did about making the turkeys. Who knew we'd actually end up in the mailbox section of the magazine after all! Obviously, I'm excited!!!

4 comments:

Ginger said...

I love the skunk funeral! Hysterical!

Sara said...

You better watch out for Josiah....he says it like he sees it! HA! Cute!

Cindy said...

Cool that your picture is in the magazine! How fun! I love that magazine, although I haven't gotten it in a while.

Allison said...

Love the mall stories!! I'll have to check out the magazine...very cool. Sorry we didn't make it to church tonight:( Sydney was in bed by 7:30.