Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter Snow

As mentioned in a previous post, we decided to dye eggs twice this year. Talk about a fun activity...! This time Josiah got in on the action, too. Here we are, stirring the tablets into the vinegar and water. Ready to begin!
Josiah's checking out a blue egg.

Mackenzie's checking out a green egg.

Josiah's finished product!
Mackenzie's finished product!
(The pink tablet did not dissolve for some reason, so we're missing a color! They turned out pretty, anyways.) Fun times. Why only enjoy it once? :)
I never thought I'd dye Easter Eggs on a Snow Day! Ha.
Hope everyone enjoys the week and has a very Happy Easter!!!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

You're going to think I'm crazy, but what a good idea to use disposable cups for the dye! Seriously, I've always hunted around for coffee cups or bowls that were the right size! I think it's because when I was a kid, we always used these coffee cups that were just the right size. Guess it wouldn't hurt to step outside the box now would it? Ha! Looks like they had fun...we'll be doing ours soon!

Melanie said...

I love to dye eggs too! We will be dying ours at a party with friends on Sat. I can't wait to see the beautiful vivid colors. Thanks for the preview, it is getting me excited. You sure do have two cute kiddos showing off their eggs!

Kim said...

Ooh-can't wait! They did a good job.

Shellie Salza said...

Your kids are so sweet! Love these pics!