Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Little Fish

My two little fish are taking group swimming lessons! They are totally excited about it as they love the water. They'll be in class for 8 sessions over 4 weeks. I had fun snapping some pictures tonight! Enjoy. The above picture is an overview of the 3 classes in the pool. Josiah's class is on the far right edge; Mackenzie's class is the one farthest away from us. It's a busy place!
Here's an up close of Josiah and David in the parent tot class. Josiah's teacher promoted him from the parent tot class, which is for kids up to age 36 months, to Mackenzie's class starting next week! He is excited to join the big kids, and his skill level is ready for the next class anyways. My baby is growing up too fast. ;(

Here's Mackenzie swimming with the noodle. Notice her new friend smiling in the background...those two girls just hit it off! I've had fun watching Mackenzie make friends these days. She LOVES making new friends. That will be helpful for starting kindergarten in the fall.

I like the way you can see the water splashing in this pic! My two boys are having fun together. I'm so glad David is such an involved Daddy. That's a huge blessing for the kids and me! :)

So...where is Mackenzie? She is completely under the water! Her friends are watching the place in the water where she went under, directly behind her teacher's head.

Here's Mackenzie swimming with her face in the water while holding on to the noodle. She can go for several seconds like this while holding her breath!
We're all having fun with the group lessons. We did private lessons last summer, but figured the group ones would be cheaper and the kids would enjoy the other children this way, too. As for me, I'm enjoying watching!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

What a good idea to take swimming lessons BEFORE summer! I never even thought of that! Where are they taking them? My kids really enjoyed their group lessons last year, too.

Jamie said...

Your kids are so precious and you do so many cute things with them! I can't wait til Em gets old enough to do those things with me!

Cindy said...

What fun!! Where are you guys taking lessons? I'd love to get Lauren & Allison lessons before we go to the beach, but don't see that happening. There just isn't enough time I don't think. I love the pictures of Mackenzie and Josiah in the water. They both look like they are very comfortable in the water.

April said...

Call the UT Aquatic Center for info. We're not actually taking them in that nice pool, but in a smaller pool in a basement a few buildings over! :)

Kim said...

Love the pool pics! That is a very important lesson for them to learn. Yay!