Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gymnastics

Today was the day. Both Mackenzie and Josiah were moved by their gymnastic teachers to the next level. That put Mackenzie in the 5 yo class at age 4 yr 7 mo, and Josiah in the 3 yo class at age 2 yr 10 mo. I am excited that they have enjoyed gymnastics and continue to progress. I had no idea when we began gymnastics slightly over a year ago that we would still be taking lessons over a year later! I just didn't realize how much they would enjoy it and seem to excel at it. They have definitely built more strength and coordination, as well as listening skills and following directions as a result of the gymnastics lessons. Lots of fun! Just wanted to record the milestones met, more for my own sake than any other reason! :)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Yea! I'm glad you've found a physical activity they enjoy. Braedon's chomping at the bit to start going to taekwondo with Momma and Daddy.

Cindy said...

Mackenzie has inspired Lauren to want to learn to walk on her hands!:) I think it is great that both of your kids are enjoying this activity. I've been meaning to tell you about a 6 Week Summer Kinderdance program that begins in June. One of the locations is in Powell at one of the churches. Lauren wants to participate and I thought I'd let you know in case Mackenzie might be interested. I've got a flyer, but I haven't called to enroll Lauren yet. Let me know if you are interested and I'll share the info with you.

Kim said...

That is wonderful!

Erika said...

That sounds like so much fun! What a great activity for the kiddos!