Sunday, April 12, 2009

Our Easter

Thanks to our friends, the Causey's, we enjoyed a fabulous Easter Egg Hunt yesterday afternoon at their house. The kids had so much fun that neither one wanted to leave when it was time to come home! Josiah hunting eggs at the Causey's Easter Egg Hunt.
Mackenzie proudly displaying a green egg at the Causey's Easter Egg Hunt.

Our kids checking out their loot from the Easter Bunny first thing this morning...at 7:15am.

Then we headed to the kitchen for breakfast. What could be better than bunny cake for Easter breakfast?! The kids were both delighted to see the bunny cake, as I did not finish it until after they were in bed last night. Long story short, my mixer broke while I was making the icing! One quick trip to Target and I was able to finish the cake with my new mixer! :)

Here's Josiah seeing the bunny cake for the first time. (The one above this was Mackenzie seeing it for the first time.) I was proud of my bunny cake! Usually my momma makes the bunny cake...every single year...but this year it was my turn as she's too far away to make it for us! I think it turned out okay. The kids reaction made it worth all the effort.

After seeing the cake, it was to the table for breakfast and into chairs as fast as possible! I love the looks of admiration for the cake on their little faces.

After breakfast we got dressed for church and headed out into our yard to hunt the eggs that the Easter bunny hid.

I love this picture of the kids both crouched over looking for eggs in the bushes!

Here's Mackenzie displaying her pink egg. Notice she is NOT in her Sunday Easter dress. After some tears, we decided not to push the issue for the egg hunt in our yard. :)

Here's Josiah proudly displaying his prize egg. Those big decorative eggs had toy prizes (cars and princess figurine key chains) in them.

Mackenzie and her prize purple egg.

Josiah and his prizes: a Lightening McQueen, Mater, and Stitch key chain!

Mackenzie carefully set her eggs and their contents all on one stair after the hunt!

Here's our traditional Easter Sunday picture taken after church this morning. Josiah has his tongue out. No surprise there! Notice, Mackenzie IS wearing a dress. ;)

The kids making "tea" in the bird bath after church today. Thirsty, anyone?! ;)

I do hope you all had a fantastic Easter. May the Lord continue to reign forever and ever!!

5 comments:

Sara said...

What sweet memories you've made today! And the cake is fabulous! I'm really impressed! Happy Easter!

Cindy said...

I enjoyed your post, April. It's fun to see how everyone celebrates with their own traditions. Your Easter Bunny cake turned out great! What a fun idea!

Sara said...

Ahh the bird bath at church...I guess it hasn't lost its appeal yet! Your church picture is very nice even with Josiah's tongue hanging out! Silly boy!

I also like your bunny cake...ours was white, but looked very similar. I'll post some pics once I have a minute to get them downloaded.

Miss ya friend!

Cindy said...

Great family Easter picture there at Laurel. I agree with Cindy, it is fun to read about everyone's Easter traditions.

Kennesaw Baumann said...

What a wonderful Easter tradition!!!! I love the family pic!!! What a beautiful family.....