Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009 Summary

I have a lot of cute pictures, but for the sake of time and attempting to get caught up on blogging there will be no pictures in this post. To summarize our Christmas, which was wonderful but hectic, I should go back to the last week of school in mid-December. Josiah was in his first "school" program with his MDO class. The children stood at the front of the classroom and sang a few songs, which were great. The program was well done and adorable, and I have the video to prove it....just don't have the time to post it-Ha. Then, later that same day, Thursday, December 17th, Mackenzie had her class party. Thanks to the Mease's for keeping Josiah that afternoon so that I could participate in Mackenzie's class party and mini program as well. After enjoying the parties and programs, we had our own family Christmas here at home, just the four of us. Santa came to visit the next night, so when we woke up Saturday morning, December 19, we all four enjoyed seeing what he left for the children. By noon we were packed and loaded in the van and on our way to Arkansas. Thus begins the whirlwind of activity and travel...

Our first stop was at David's parents house on Saturday night. Monday morning we headed to my mom and Mark's house. David and I enjoyed a movie date, just the two of us while my mom and Mark kept the kids. Thanks, Mom! We spent Wednesday in the rehab area of the hospital, having Christmas with David's Grandma Watson. Zac, Zearl, and Betty were all at the hospital that day, too. After an enjoyable day with Grandma, we headed to Evan and Mia's house (my brother and sister-in-law) for the night Wednesday. Thursday we celebrated Christmas at my Grannie and Papa New's house and back to Evan and Mia's for the night. Friday we celebrated at Granny Long's house, then headed to my dad and Lisa's for the next two nights. By Sunday morning we were in route home. By Monday evening we arrived home, having had a wonderful time but totally exhausted!

In summary, we had 8 Christmas celebrations, one here at home and the rest at different locations in Arkansas. The kids opened 5 different stockings; David and I enjoyed 4 ourselves! I can truly say we are extremely blessed and very thankful. Our time with family was treasured, even though it was hurried! It is a blessing for our children to have 4 Great Grandparents still living who love them dearly. I am thankful for each visit with those Grandparents. I really did get some neat pics, but those will have to wait until another day!

So, if you're a family member reading this post, please consider yourself thanked for your incredible generosity. Know that your gifts were appreciated and are being enjoyed. Merry Christmas! We love you.

No comments: